aureus

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
Dano0369

aureus

Post by Dano0369 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:38 pm

Hell-o all; I'm told my AUREUS will be here first week of nov. Fred has put out several good videos. more to follow. DP :arrow:
Dano0369

Dano0369

Re: aureus

Post by Dano0369 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:10 pm

Hello All; It's been in hand a couple of weeks. Peavey has several good video's on the site. I think they hit the market right (1500) street. good feature set. Good size . It's listed as a table top mixer. I've found two short coming i would like addressed, but i think for the market they're looking to hit no problems. bus 7 and 8 are stereo strapped and only two assignable graphic on the aux's. I really like the AES out, because i use one of the older vsx48's with AES in's. I think its a good small mixer. will fit right alongside the unity 16.
Attachments
IMG_1619.jpg
IMG_1619.jpg (122.54 KiB) Viewed 10843 times
Dano0369

Dookie

Post by Dookie » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Will it take Android Tablets?
Doug

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:18 pm

Ah me, progress is so cool. WHen I was starting out, the coolest PA system as a Shure Vocal Master.

jim h

Post by jim h » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:32 am

Dookie wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:34 pm
Will it take Android Tablets?
Doug

It is compatible with any HTML 5 browser, regardless of OS platform.

In other words, yes, it works well with Android.

Dookie

Post by Dookie » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am

I thought I heard in one of the video's that it is rack mountable but haven't seen a definite yes or no. Does anyone know if the Aureus can be rack mounted?
Thanks;
Doug

Dano0369

Post by Dano0369 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:54 pm

Hey Dookie` i saw that too, but there may be a bracket set and longer screws in the future. The box has table top mixer printed on it. I still think it falls into the sweet spot as far as features (Channel count, blue tooth input)and price .1500 puts it in play for a lot of small churches and clubs. i'm getting better at using the unity 16 and soundcraft ui but i really like to have a surface. The Tactus has one !
Dano0369

Dookie

Post by Dookie » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:31 pm

Dano0369 wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:54 pm
Hey Dookie` i saw that too, but there may be a bracket set and longer screws in the future. The box has table top mixer printed on it. I still think it falls into the sweet spot as far as features (Channel count, blue tooth input)and price .1500 puts it in play for a lot of small churches and clubs. i'm getting better at using the unity 16 and soundcraft ui but i really like to have a surface. The Tactus has one !
I agree. Seems like a nice spot in the market.
I see it has Ethernet and built in WiFi. I'm guessing Ethernet out to a router etc. How does the built in WiFi work with a external router at the same time? Some smaller mixers have a switch to disable the built in WiFi but with a quick look I didn't see one.

Doug (with a million questions..)

Dookie

Post by Dookie » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:00 am

I agree. Seems like a nice spot in the market.
I see it has Ethernet and built in WiFi. I'm guessing Ethernet out to a router etc. How does the built in WiFi work with a external router at the same time? Some smaller mixers have a switch to disable the built in WiFi but with a quick look I didn't see one.

Doug (with a million questions..)
[/quote]

Any news on the above?
Doug

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:59 pm

The machine is just looking for an IP address. I don't think it matters how it gets there, whether WIFI or Ethernet or both.
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

Dookie

Post by Dookie » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:54 am

Roger Crimm wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:59 pm
The machine is just looking for an IP address. I don't think it matters how it gets there, whether WIFI or Ethernet or both.
I'm thinking the other way around. With 2 IP's which will do the talking? 1 tablet on the built in Router and a 2nd tablet on the external router. Both can't be on and talking at the same time I wouldn't think.

Doug

VSW

Post by VSW » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:55 pm

Dookie wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:54 am
Roger Crimm wrote:
I'm thinking the other way around. With 2 IP's which will do the talking? 1 tablet on the built in Router and a 2nd tablet on the external router. Both can't be on and talking at the same time I wouldn't think.

Doug
My computer works fine with both hardwired Ethernet and WiFi connections. It's not that unusual for computers to use completely different networks simultaneously. Servers are often configured with multiple Ethernet cards and WiFi.

On the other hand, my TiVo and Roku use one or the other. It's pick one. These kinds of devices are not usually connected to both. In reality, it is usually WiFi for consumer electronics; mainly for ease of installation.

The main thing is that any device that is capable of connection to both Ethernet and WiFi will have a way of dealing with it in its settings.
Vaughan

Dookie

Post by Dookie » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:24 pm

[/quote]My computer works fine with both hardwired Ethernet and WiFi connections. It's not that unusual for computers to use completely different networks simultaneously. Servers are often configured with multiple Ethernet cards and WiFi.

On the other hand, my TiVo and Roku use one or the other. It's pick one. These kinds of devices are not usually connected to both. In reality, it is usually WiFi for consumer electronics; mainly for ease of installation.

The main thing is that any device that is capable of connection to both Ethernet and WiFi will have a way of dealing with it in its settings.
[/quote]

I still feel most are missing my point. What if someone goes out the Ethernet port on the desk and goes to a router and the built in Wife is still on in the desk? Someone logs in to the built in Wifi and someone else logs into the Router. There would be 2 different IP addresses with 2 different tablets trying to run the desk. How would the Desk handle this?

Doug

VSW

Post by VSW » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:20 pm

Roger Crimm wrote:
I have a question, Roger. I looked on Peavey's website (https://peavey.com/aureus-28-digital-mixer/p/03619200) hoping there was some discussion of this in the User Manual.

I can't find a User Manual anywhere, on your site or anywhere else online. All I can find is a 49 minute long video titled "Peavey Aureus™ Digital Mixer - User Manual". What a waste of time to try to find an answer.

Is that really all there is? No User Manual at all?
Vaughan

tmal55

Re: aureus presete

Post by tmal55 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:35 pm

I am having troble finding the online presets for the aureus that is mentioned in the video, Does anybody know where they are?