aureus

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
fjpoole

Re: aureus

Post by fjpoole » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:00 pm

bus 7 and 8 are stereo strapped and only two assignable graphic on the aux's.

Check your firmware - there has been an update which allows you to un-link bus 7 and 8. In addition there are two GEQ that can be assigned to any BUS.

Hope that helps

Fred

[/quote]

fjpoole

Post by fjpoole » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:02 pm

Dookie wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:09 am
I thought I heard in one of the video's that it is rack mountable but haven't seen a definite yes or no. Does anyone know if the Aureus can be rack mounted?
Thanks;
Doug
Yes the unit can be rack mounted - However the Rack Ears are not available just yet. We anticipate having them available in April.

fjpoole

Post by fjpoole » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:04 pm

Dookie wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:54 am
Roger Crimm wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:59 pm
The machine is just looking for an IP address. I don't think it matters how it gets there, whether WIFI or Ethernet or both.
I'm thinking the other way around. With 2 IP's which will do the talking? 1 tablet on the built in Router and a 2nd tablet on the external router. Both can't be on and talking at the same time I wouldn't think.

Doug
The onboard WIFI can be disabled in the Network Menu

fjpoole

Post by fjpoole » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:07 pm

Dookie wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:24 pm
My computer works fine with both hardwired Ethernet and WiFi connections. It's not that unusual for computers to use completely different networks simultaneously. Servers are often configured with multiple Ethernet cards and WiFi.

On the other hand, my TiVo and Roku use one or the other. It's pick one. These kinds of devices are not usually connected to both. In reality, it is usually WiFi for consumer electronics; mainly for ease of installation.

The main thing is that any device that is capable of connection to both Ethernet and WiFi will have a way of dealing with it in its settings.
[/quote]

I still feel most are missing my point. What if someone goes out the Ethernet port on the desk and goes to a router and the built in Wife is still on in the desk? Someone logs in to the built in Wifi and someone else logs into the Router. There would be 2 different IP addresses with 2 different tablets trying to run the desk. How would the Desk handle this?

Doug
[/quote]

Besides being able to disable the onboard WIFI - the Aureus can handle up tp 10 devices connected to the network at the same time, it would not matter if the ethernet port was being used or the onboard router or both.

fjpoole

Post by fjpoole » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:09 pm

VSW wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:20 pm
Roger Crimm wrote:
The machine is just looking for an IP address. I don't think it matters how it gets there, whether WIFI or Ethernet or both.
I have a question, Roger. I looked on Peavey's website (https://peavey.com/aureus-28-digital-mixer/p/03619200) hoping there was some discussion of this in the User Manual.

I can't find a User Manual anywhere, on your site or anywhere else online. All I can find is a 49 minute long video titled "Peavey Aureus™ Digital Mixer - User Manual". What a waste of time to try to find an answer.

Is that really all there is? No User Manual at all?
The print manual is in process, unfortunately this year wasn't easy on resources due in part to Covid, we wanted to get the mixer to market quickly, so we felt the best way was to put out a video manual, and get the printed manual finished as quickly as possible. Let me us know here if you have any questions we will try to help

fjpoole

Post by fjpoole » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:10 pm

Please be sure you have the most recent firmware installed on your Aureus.

It can be found at:

https://peavey.com/aureus-28-digital-mixer/p/03619200

VSW

Post by VSW » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:24 pm

fjpoole wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:09 pm
VSW wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:20 pm
Roger Crimm wrote:
I have a question, Roger. I looked on Peavey's website (https://peavey.com/aureus-28-digital-mixer/p/03619200) hoping there was some discussion of this in the User Manual.

I can't find a User Manual anywhere, on your site or anywhere else online. All I can find is a 49 minute long video titled "Peavey Aureus™ Digital Mixer - User Manual". What a waste of time to try to find an answer.

Is that really all there is? No User Manual at all?
The print manual is in process, unfortunately this year wasn't easy on resources due in part to Covid, we wanted to get the mixer to market quickly, so we felt the best way was to put out a video manual, and get the printed manual finished as quickly as possible. Let me us know here if you have any questions we will try to help
Thanks for your response. I've been watching this thread while considering upgrading. I appreciate the difficulties that the last year has brought to everyone and I am sympathetic.

However, over the last couple of years I have bought consumer electronics that have a video instead of a manual. A video is not a replacement for a manual, especially a l-o-n-g video. A manual is, or should be, a reference in addition to a getting started guide. For example, the manual for my Patriot has instructions for the string height and adjusting the neck. Not something you want to have to invest a half hour or more to locating in a video when you are checking how many thousandths to lower a string. The manual for my Blazer 158 has illustrations of suggested tone settings for different styles. Comparing different settings is very quick in the manual.

For me, the absence of a reference manual is a huge red flag. Before making a major purchase I always download and read the owners' manual. If there is no manual available, I move on to competitors' offerings.
Vaughan

dvo

Post by dvo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:53 am

Anyone know where I can download the channel presets for the Aureus™ 28 Digital Mixer? I cannot find it anywhere on peavey.com.

Dano0369

Post by Dano0369 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:20 pm

Hello; there are no "channel" presets for the mixer , like there are for - say a vsx 48e. It comes with the gain turned mostly down , gates and compressor off. Great little mixer IMHO. Good Luck :arrow:
Dano0369

Bassguitarist1985

Post by Bassguitarist1985 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:52 pm

Hello all! So I watched the entire 50 min user manual video. Great job Fred! I'd say its easy to ise, just will take some considerable time to get comfy where everything is.

Curious, is there a feedback ferret available to the buses and/or mains? I see that a GEQ is now assignable.

Rack mountable, how many spaces needed? 10? 12?

Still love my 16FX2 mixer, but the Aureus is that mixer on steroids and then some! Hope all is well Jim H!
Pro Audio 16FX2, PV6USB, 2xQF131, QF215, 2x SP2, 2xSP118, 2xPV1600, PV3800, 4xKPC15MP
Bass - Grind 6 NTB 410TVX, 115BVX, MAX700, 210TVX, MiniMega, VB-2, VB-3, VB-MA

rkeast

Post by rkeast » Fri May 06, 2022 12:21 pm

I'm also having difficulty with this. I had to send the mixer back to Peavey for the oft-mentioned channel cutout problem, which was fixed. But since I got it back I haven't been able to figure out how to install the EQ presets (AC Guitar, Vocal, various drums, etc.) that used to be in the preset table. I did a factory reset before sending the mixer back to Peavey as part of the troubleshooting I was trying to do--that may have taken them out. The file size of what is labeled "EQ Presets" on the website seems too small for the type of software I envisioned, but I downloaded it anyway. I put it on a stick (two different sticks, actually) and placed it in the USB slot and tried to load it with each stick in case one of them was incompatible. No joy. I tried import and load with no result. It appears that I have the latest firmware installed. What am I doing wrong?

Efosa

Post by Efosa » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:29 pm

fjpoole wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:10 pm
Please be sure you have the most recent firmware installed on your Aureus.

It can be found at:

https://peavey.com/aureus-28-digital-mixer/p/03619200
It's no more there.
Where can I get the firmware updates pls

jim h

Post by jim h » Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:19 am

Link still works for me...and the update is there.

Efosa

Post by Efosa » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:27 am

jim h wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:19 am
Link still works for me...and the update is there.
Yes I saw it earlier this week. They removed it for a while and re added it.

jdkollitz

Firmware update

Post by jdkollitz » Mon Oct 23, 2023 10:10 pm

How do you connect the Aureus to the internet to he able to update the firmware? Also, I can't get it to connect to our iPad? I watched the video and and can't figure out what the problem is. I connect it to the Mixer, open my browser, and nothing....