Help using usb 2.0 out on FX2

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
joepauljig

Help using usb 2.0 out on FX2

Post by joepauljig » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:31 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for letting me join. I have the FX2, 24 channel mixer and I was hoping someone could help me set-up the usb 2.0 output channel to use for live streaming sound to my PC. I figured out how to set the board to computer mode yesterday and it did deliver sound to my PC. What I need help with now is how to assign the channel to one of the aux outputs so I can control the levels of each channel going into the stream.

Thanks in advance for your help.

colliedogboy1

Re: Help using usb 2.0 out on FX2

Post by colliedogboy1 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:54 pm

This is speculation on my part but, I think the computer output is tied to the Main Outputs. Whatever signal you mix for the (L-R)mains will be the same mix coming out of the computer output. In short, I don't think you can connect your computer to the Aux outputs so you can get a separate mix. You can find the manual for that mixer if you don't have one. It's under "Support" >> "Owner's Manuals" >> "Archived Manuals" >> and select the letter "F".

joepauljig

Re: Help using usb 2.0 out on FX2

Post by joepauljig » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:49 am

Thanks colliedogboy1,

You're likely right about using the AUX inputs to get a separate mix for the computer out signal but I did check the manual before I posted and I couldn't find anywhere where it stated that the Main Outputs controlled the volume to the computer output. I did see a "gain option" under the computer settings in the digital i/o interface but that's all I could find. I was hoping someone would know for sure.

Thanks again for your help.