PV 10 AT and MacBook Pro

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
Riley

PV 10 AT and MacBook Pro

Post by Riley » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:42 am

Hello everyone,
I have done endless research on this, and all to no avail. I just can’t diagnose the problem. I can’t get mixer to be recognized on input/output through USB. I can, however, pick it up on output with Bluetooth.
I’m gonna lay out all the components. I have a MacBook 2019 with 2 thunderbolt 3 ports, a hyper drive USB c hub (to hook up USB from the back of my mixer) the PV 10 AT of course. Should also mention the OS I’m working with is Catalina (the newest version)
I’m trying to do vocal recording on garage band. No instruments, just a mic which I have hooked into the first Direct Out. If Bluetooth is turned on, I can get an output connection allowing me to hear what’s going on through my computer, but no input for my mic. Bluetooth off, nothing shows up for input or output.
I’ve tried to download drivers from peavey, but it won’t let me.
I’m basically doing the process of elimination and I have come to the conclusion that is possibly because of Catalina, but am not sure. I am completely new to this, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Dano0369

Re: PV 10 AT and MacBook Pro

Post by Dano0369 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:25 pm

Hell-o try the usb port instead of the direct out. :arrow:
Dano0369

Riley

Post by Riley » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:39 pm

Direct out is connected to the mic. USB is connected to my MacBook

Stryker57

Post by Stryker57 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:10 pm

maybe im confused but shouldnt the mic be inputed into a channel and not an direct out?