Pv 6 Bluetooth

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
DeeIII

Pv 6 Bluetooth

Post by DeeIII » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:05 am

We have a new pv 6 BT. I like the bluetooth functionality, however I am struggling with switching devices. We can hook up a device, but when we hold down the bluetooth button for it to become findable the mixer immediately reconnects to the previous device. Is there something I am missing or should I have people "forget" the device in order to switch cleanly?

scott.dickey

Re: Pv 6 Bluetooth

Post by scott.dickey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:48 am

The PV 6 BT remembers the last device it was connected to for ease of use. So as soon as you turn on the Bluetooth, it tries to connect to the last device it was connected to. If the mixer sees that device when you turn the Bluetooth on, it will automatically connect. If you're not wanting it to connect to that device but that device is still in the proximity of the mixer, you can either temporarily turn off that device's Bluetooth before you turn the mixer's Bluetooth on so it won't automatically connect, or, once it automatically connects, go into the Bluetooth settings on that device and disconnect from the mixer, after which the mixer's connection will become available again.
Scott Dickey
Peavey Embedded Software Engineer

ignacio

Post by ignacio » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:56 pm

I bought used pv6bt. The button doesnt click it just springs back to the same position. The blue light doesnt turn on. Is the switch broken. I know the switch is solderd on. Where can i find the replacement? Can you direct me in the right direction. Thank you

scott.dickey

Post by scott.dickey » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 pm

The switch is momentary, so it doesn't "click". Press and hold the switch for a second or two and you should see the blue LED indicate that the Bluetooth has turned on.
Scott Dickey
Peavey Embedded Software Engineer

ignacio

Post by ignacio » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:53 pm

The switch was removed and checked for continuity none was found engaging the button. My tech says i need a new switch. How can I purchase a new switch?

ignacio

Post by ignacio » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:25 pm

Ok figured it out 3 pins on each side 6 pins total.
Middel pin connects to each side when you press,got continutity on switch. Switch was good but bluetooth wouldnt work still.
I look at the board and some of the solder points looked bad so i resolder. The solder to the blue bluetooth light was real bad. After that it worked like a charm. Guess thats why amazon sold it as a used item the customer returned it. Got it for $102 shipped to me I didnt want return and go through the hassle.solder points no biggy
Oh had a hard time unsoldering the switch broke the pins a little but managed to resolder back. I would really like to out a new switch so i wouldnt have to worry about it let me know were i can buy. Thank you for your help