Connecting a Peavey 24FX Mixer via USB to computer

This forum is for talking about all types of Peavey mixers.
mark81

Connecting a Peavey 24FX Mixer via USB to computer

Post by mark81 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:47 am

I have a Peavey 24FX that I have connected via USB B port (one that says 'computer'). Windows 7 has found it as a Generic USB Device and in my sound control panel I can see Peavey as a speaker and Microphone. However when I record using Audacity, it says to check my input and project sampling rate. However when I also try to test the microphone it says cannot play test tune. Is there anything we need to do on the console to set this up, or what else do we do on the computer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Josjor

Re: Connecting a Peavey 24FX Mixer via USB to computer

Post by Josjor » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:27 am

Go to the control panel on your computer and check the settings for SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES. Then click on the AUDIO tab and make sure that those settings are for the USB audio device for sound recording. (this is all assuming a windows based machine)

I'm not sure about the current version of Audacity, but I do remember one of the previous versions had the nasty habit of changing the input method every time I hit record.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

mark81

Post by mark81 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:43 pm

All settings are correct for USB recording. I just donwloaded Audacity so I presume it is latest version. On another note, Are there any other easy to use recording programs

nhel247

Post by nhel247 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:15 am

good pm ma'am/sir... i have peavey 24fx2 and its really great...but i have a problem to connect my 24fx into my computer... because if i put my fx24 to my computer as for my software(cubase 5) there's no signal when i hit the mic or some instruments or in short threre's no signal to coming into the computer.... but the memory stick its good and no problem for that.. and i just want to fix this problem about to 24fx to computer recording...I HOPE FOR YOUR HELPING GUYS...!!! AND FOR THE ADMIN

blackdavinci

Post by blackdavinci » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:51 pm

I have close to the same problem. I'm using ProTools; the FX32 mixer shows up as "hardware" and it's connected to my laptop via the USB cord, so it IS "registering" IN ProTools, however, I can't get ProTools to register any sound coming FROM the FX32 and I can't hear ever the "normal" laptop notification and action sounds from/thru the FX32. Someone said to set the digital effects screen to "computer" then hit "USB", but I can't FIND "computer" on that screen, altho I DO see USB. HELP!!!

blackdavinci

Post by blackdavinci » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:47 pm

UPDATE:
I managed to figure out how to HEAR the sound coming FROM ProTools thru the Peavey FX32 mixer, BUT, when I click on the "input" tab in ProTools, the FX32 does NOT come up! I STILL need HELP!!!!!

Wooferhound

Post by Wooferhound » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:19 pm

Try Audacity
You do know that the FX mixers only Output the Left/Right channels at 48khz I hope.
----- W o o f e r h o u n d -----

Wooferhound

Post by Wooferhound » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:01 am

Also I'm fairly sure that the mixer just shows up as a USB Device, not as a Peavey Mixer.
----- W o o f e r h o u n d -----