RQ2314 Headset plug, no sound

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
mnray

RQ2314 Headset plug, no sound

Post by mnray » Thu May 18, 2023 11:55 am

I have a RQ2314, from 2006. When I plug headset (I know it works) into the headset1/4" jack, No sound in the headset. A yellow light below the jack is on and shows to be PA Active. Is there a switch, button, etc. that would turn on the headset and bypass the speakers? I have a dial under the jack, but presume that is for headset volume. I pulled this out of storage and not sure if the mixer is going bad or I'm missing something to make the headphones active. I use this in my sound studio at home. My wife says, I really need to get the headset working. Lol. Maybe, it's time to ask for another mixer, haha ha. After all, all she has said to me is that I don't need another guitar... If I can't get this one to work, any suggestions on a newer model? I only need about 8-10 inputs. Thanks for your help.

Bartman

Re: RQ2314 Headset plug, no sound

Post by Bartman » Tue May 23, 2023 3:25 pm

When the yellow light under the headphone jack and vol. knob is on (or specific to this model mixer, I think it blinks instead of staying solid on), that is a PFL Active indicator, which means you have a PFL button pressed somewhere. This mutes everything in the headphones except the one thing for which the button is pressed. Look over your board and unpress any PFL buttons, and the light should go out and then you will hear the main stereo mix. Press a PFL button on any one channel to listen to just that channel. - PFL stands for "Pre-Fade Listen", which means it picks off the sound at a point just before going to the fader so you can listen to that channel without having to turn up that fader in the mains.

mnray

Re: RQ2314 Headset plug, no sound

Post by mnray » Tue May 30, 2023 9:00 am

Thank you. I appreciated the help and will check it. It's been a few years since I used this mixer. At 72, I've forgotten just about everything in mixing.