IPR2-3000 no audio in one channel

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
lightguy48

IPR2-3000 no audio in one channel

Post by lightguy48 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:54 pm

I had an unusual issue at a show yesterday, when I went to sound check my system one channel of my IPR2-3000 had no audio. The B channel showed Active and had no faults but there was no Signal indication.

So I tried the usual troubleshooting items, first I exercised the input pot as I have had a bad potentiometer on an IPR2 before, no change, still no signal.

So then I swapped input cables to the other channel that was working, again no change and the other cable worked fine on Channel A

So next I exercised the low/high/normal pass switch and again, no audio, not even a pop or click while moving the switch.

I also tried a full power cycle and still no audio out of the B channel.

I finally gave up and had to go into triage mode and run the system in mono daisy-chaining cabinets together to get audio out of both sides and praying that the A channel would not suffer the same fate as the B channel.

Several hours later I walked back and noticed the Signal light was once again illuminated indicating audio on the B channel, unfortunately I did not get a chance to re-wire things a second time and see if the B channel was in fact passing audio but earlier I definitely had no Signal indication on the B channel so I assume it was working again.

Any ideas? The only thing I did not test was trying to input audio via the 1/4" TRS vs the XLR but it's my understanding that both the 1/4" and XLR are in parallel, not switching, so I doubt plugging into the 1/4" would have made any difference.
Brett Gilbert
Tulsa, OK