Peavey CS800X in Stereo Biamped Mode - Only Mono Output

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
andyblank

Peavey CS800X in Stereo Biamped Mode - Only Mono Output

Post by andyblank » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:52 am

Hi,
I am new to the forums and have a question about my rather old (but totally functional) Peavey CS800X amp.

I want to use this amp to power my bands PA, using 2 x EV top speakers and a couple of Eminence Delta 15" subs. I have rigged up the amp to use the 'Stereo Biamped' configuration as per the Peavey manual, using a PL-250 crossover network module, but the output to both the top and sub speakers appear to be in mono. I tried hard panning the input from the mixing desk L&R outputs, but the output is still mono.

I have attached a screenshot of the configuration that I have setup, and was wondering of anyone could help me better understand what I need to do to get this setup running in stereo (if this is in fact possible?)

The current setup provides independent level control for the top and sub speakers via the channel; A and channel B volume knobs on the front of the amp. Channel A controls the top speaker volume levels and channel B controls the sub speaker levels. This is really handy as I can tweak the levels of the subs according to the venue we play, but ideally, I wat the top speakers (and sub?) to be in stereo (I use an electronic drumkit which is stereo and the guitarist plays through a Headrush pedal board with amazing stereo effects).

Am I trying to achieve something that is not possible and should I just stick with running a standard stereo setup maybe?

We have a gig this weekend, so would really appreciate peoples thoughts and ideas ASAP :)

Many thanks,

Andy
Attachments
Peavey CS800x Biamped Stereo Setup.PNG
Peavey CS800x Biamped Stereo Setup.PNG (796.53 KiB) Viewed 1329 times

Enzo

Re: Peavey CS800X in Stereo Biamped Mode - Only Mono Output

Post by Enzo » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:00 pm

You have two input jacks for each channel, but those pairs are not stereo. Channel A simply has two jacks for your convenience. SO when you plug left and right into the pair, it just wires them together. Hence mono.

Stereo biamp means one channel feeds the lows and the other channel feeds the highs.. Two amps, two signals. To get stereo and biamp, you need FOUR amplifiers - -that is a pair of CS800 or whatever amp you like.