PV900 Stopped working

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
Jaybo

PV900 Stopped working

Post by Jaybo » Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:29 pm

Hello all.

I loaned a friend of mine some of my equipment to use at a birthday party, and when I got it back I noticed my PV900 was not working. It keeps tripping the breaker when you power it on. I'm thinking he drove the inputs with the main out of the powered mixer that is used for the mains. I know that would have overdriven it, but is this something that can be repaired? Is it even worth repairing? I've been using this workhorse of an amp for 15 years, and using it hard. It's been a good one.

Thank you in advance!

Enzo

Re: PV900 Stopped working

Post by Enzo » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:45 pm

Of course it can be repaired.

The scenario you present is possible, but I wouldn't want to wager on it. In my view that is more likely to blow up the powered mixer rather than the outboard amp.

Jaybo

Post by Jaybo » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:44 am

It's very strange. This is the same place that I lost another amp last year. Same scenario but I hooked this up myself, normally as I always do. My Behringer EP4000 all of a sudden started tripping the breaker after it ran for about an hour.

THink it could be the power at this location that is causing it? I use surge protection, and a power conditioner. Just mighty odd that I've lost 2 amplifiers in 2 years using them at this place.

What's the best option for having the PV repaired? Send back to manufacturer, or look for someone more local?

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:41 pm

Where are you? I used to be part of a wide-ranging network of authorized Peavey repair shops. On the main Peavey web site there is a service shop locator feature. Start there. Any competent amp tech can handle this.

Jaybo

Post by Jaybo » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:20 pm

I am in Southwest GA, about 45 miles below Columbus, and the same above Albany.

Not much where I live, so it's slim pickins when it comes to finding someone that works on these things anymore.

Everything Musical in Columbus has repaired subs for me in the past, as has Southern Music in Cordele.

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:28 am

Amps are amps, if you find these guys competent repair shops, then I would assume they can handle it. Here is the schematic just to make that part easier.
PV PV1500-900.pdf
(3.01 MiB) Downloaded 144 times