CS-800 Commercial Amp Rebuild

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
jbtunes

CS-800 Commercial Amp Rebuild

Post by jbtunes » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:14 am

good morning all. all 3 of my cs-800s are down so I thought it a good time for a rebuild.seems this one is going to be especially difficult. I have gone through it twice not and both times been met with failure. ok, so, as best I can tell all of the glass body diodes on the input card and the driver boards are the 4148s, is this correct? that's all I've found so far. i want to make sure as I am missing something somewhere and it's getting old quick on the rebuilds. so far I have replaced one main cap, all transistor drivers, all 4148 diodes, a couple of outputs, a couple of resistors, and all of the 100v 1k caps on the driver cards. haven't been able to CK the controllers, how often have you guys seen them bad? all input and ideas welcome!! thanks

Enzo

Re: CS-800 Commercial Amp Rebuild

Post by Enzo » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:45 pm

Why are we replacing all these diodes? I haven't seen more than one or two bad in an amp in 30 years.

Not sure what you mean by controllers. In general it doesn't matter how many amps have a failed something, it only matters what failed in the amp under repair.

What exactly are we trying to repair here?