Ipr2 5000 dsp one output no light no out.

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
Rttoo

Ipr2 5000 dsp one output no light no out.

Post by Rttoo » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:03 pm

I have three Ipr2 5000 dsps, two of the {one is New} have no output or light on one channel, It is the same channel, I thought maybe it was a wire downstream or something, but cant find a continuity problem Wondered if there was a balance or load detector in them that would cause them to close a channel if there was something downstream or if the input even though the light shows good could be somehow causing them to block and refuse to output. I could really use a detailed Schematic and a troubleshooting guide for this problem. It is about 100 miles to the closest service center so I may just pack up them up and ship them to someone to get them checked. I don't want to do it and have a downstream problem That is a simple fix.
Lost in the Search for the fading dream.

JamesPaul

Re: Ipr2 5000 dsp one output no light no out.

Post by JamesPaul » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:46 pm

If you call Peavey, they will email you the schematics. They are a little shorthanded at the moment, so it will be best to speak with someone as opposed to leaving a message. At last report, between 1pm and 5pm Central Time were the better hours. The number is on the website, but 877-732-8391.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.