Peavey IPR 1600

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
mseals

Peavey IPR 1600

Post by mseals » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:18 am

Not sure if this is where or what I am allowed here. Created an account to try to get some knowledge. I recently purchased a couple Peavey IPR 1600 Amps. I run a karaoke show and was using QSC 1610 's and some reason where I am using them One side was clipping on the amps with nothing hooked to them except power cord. Figured it might be too much on the plug so I swapped to the 1600 Simply because of the lower power draw (and the less weight was a big plus!!) I also put 2 900 watt UPS's in the mix to make sure I didn't cook the Peaveys like I did my qsc's. The show is outside and I use a decibel meter to make sure it doesn't go to a noise level to disturb the campers who are next door to the bar. .. The problem I am having is the 1600 noise isn't "traveling" in other words at the same level the qsc I can hear same sound near speakers as on the other side of the deck (with some loss of course) With the IPR it seems to drop off really fast. At the speakers it is extremely loud .. 200 foot away can barely hear it. Is this a phase problem or perhaps something with the amp. T