CS-400 pot specs

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
tunathedog

CS-400 pot specs

Post by tunathedog » Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:43 am

Hi

Does anyone know the specs for the big volume pots on the front of my CS-400? (It's the version with the pots next to each other, and output jacks underneath them - just like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/PEAVEY-COMMERC ... 3158946931).

I need to replace one, and the other's pretty scratchy so might as well do them both. They look like guitar pots, but I can't read all the text on them without ripping them out, which I don't want to do as I need the amp working.

Thanks!

Enzo

Re: CS-400 pot specs

Post by Enzo » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:55 pm

The schematic can be had from customer service at the factory. It will tell you the pot is a 50k linear. the part number would be 71190038, but since the amp is 40 years old they won't have them. Of course ANY 50k pot you can fit in there will work.

The pot has a pull switch on it to kill the DDT (anti-clip). A pot with that will be lots harder to find. But really, why would we want to kill the DDT anyway? SO leave out the switch and it defaults to DDT.

Scratchy pots usually clean up, so try that first.

And ripping them out? They are on the small board, which mounts by the pot bushing, so extract that little board and you are looking at the pot.