XR 8600 Front monitor output

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey power amplifiers.
Tknapp

XR 8600 Front monitor output

Post by Tknapp » Fri Sep 22, 2023 6:54 pm

Trying to run an extra monitor to drummer using the front monitor out but getting no signal. I'm using the main/monitor setting because I'm running mains and two.monitors. Any idea why no signal? Thanks

j0nsnell

Re: XR 8600 Front monitor output

Post by j0nsnell » Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:09 am

Should be fine if plugged into a powered speaker. Monitor out is line level out, not speaker power out.

Bartman

Post by Bartman » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:10 am

When in main/main mode, the two rear jacks are mains L & R. When in main/monitor mode, the two rear jacks are main (mono) and monitor. If you have unpowered monitor speakers, then plug them in to the rear jack for monitor. The front monitor output jack is only for powered monitor speakers, or an external amp driving unpowered monitor speakers.

Wholebird

Post by Wholebird » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:10 pm

I have an XR600c. Two questions: the reverb seems to be shot: what should I replace it with?
To use the front monitor output for my two non-powered monitors, I need an amp, right? I’m open to suggestions about what kind of amp (how many watts; we play in smaller venues) and how to hook it up. I assume plug cable from monitor output to line in input on amp, then connect monitors to output. Educate me please: I’m just the drummer!