Classic 112e with Stubborn Speaker Removal

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
Waterline

Classic 112e with Stubborn Speaker Removal

Post by Waterline » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:16 am

I hope someone here can help with me this.

I have a 90’s Classic 112e which a previous owner had installed a Greenback in. I'm partial to the 90's Blue Marvel and found one on FB.

I should've known something was up when I unscrewed the nuts, as they weren't much past finger tight. Sure enough when I try and pull the Greenback, it is in there tighter than a drum.

There's not a lot of room to work inside the cab, and I'd like to be able to resell the Greenback and not damage the baffle.

What are your thoughts? Is the Greenback glued in there, or something like that? Have you seen anything like this before? How do I beat this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance and insight!

studiodtk5

Re: Classic 112e with Stubborn Speaker Removal

Post by studiodtk5 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:26 am

It may be glued. You never know what a previous owner thought was necessary. So someone may have glued it on the cabinet.

Or over time it may have just “glued” itself to the baffle. Hopefully this is what happened.

If you can get the grille off, you can try to use a punch through the T-bolt and see if you can tap it out.

Next option is to use a nail pry bar and carefully but the pry bar under the edge of the speaker and “pop” it off.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...