T 300 speakers

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
patrick620

T 300 speakers

Post by patrick620 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:13 pm

So, I just got a pair of T 300 speakers. I cant find a manual anywhere. There are two 1/4 " jacks on them. I am wondering what hook up configuration will give me what impedance. Thanks

patrick620

Re: T 300 speakers

Post by patrick620 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:15 pm

Pics will not post. One more try. Anyway, the each have one 12", one 10" and 3 piezo.

Cagey

Post by Cagey » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:01 pm

Egads! Motorola piezos!

The two jacks are more than likely parallel so you can daisy chain speakers.

Be aware piezo tweeters by Motorola are less than $2.00 each and that is with Bidenflation. Years ago we used to get them for like .50 each. So be aware those are really cheapo and when played loud turn into nothing but noise. Peavey probably paid more like .20 cents each or less in bulk.

So if good sound is what you want, disconnect those piezos and use some real high frequency drivers- with crossover.

If you research piezo drivers you will find they are nothing more than a vibrating metal disc.

And it is easy to see that this metal disc is very limiting. The higher the volume or higher the voltage makes these vibrate more, but clearly the metal disc has its limits and when that is reached its noise from then on, and cannot possibly reproduce the signal applied.

These were a cheap cop out at the time, and you don't see these being used these days because once it was learned they are just noise, they had to go. You now have speakers made during a time of we did not know any better, but this is how we find it out!

dak

Post by dak » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:01 am

patrick620 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:15 pm
Pics will not post. One more try. Anyway, the each have one 12", one 10" and 3 piezo.
I think new members need moderator attention before being able to post pictures. Just try posting them and wait for them to appear. Also ignore the piezo rant. It's not relevant to your question.

From what I find on the web, the T-300 appears to be the top part of speaker columns like the 1210CS. So you might want to look at the panel on the back for the main speaker to figure out what your actual speaker model may be. The impedance will depend on the main part of the column.

Stryker57

Post by Stryker57 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:44 am

thank you for you opinion. cagey,
now
1) dont call people out for listing things and claim they are ordering people around
2) then do the same thing and order others to ignore the other.

and to the op. it seems like you just wish to restore these old speakers and use them ,
they are an old old design , you may get more from a cheaper used entry level set without the piezo tweeter.
but if you just want them to produce an average level sound for your desired application,, they will.
not seeing a spec sheet or anything i'd say no more then 50-80 watts program.
most likely 8 ohms, depending on the speakers (what ohms they are makes a difference)
and then how they are wired, (series or parallel)
so the most honest answer to you actual question will be :
i cant tell you what yours is, but we can probably find what they were when peavey shipped them many moons ago.

and i think you may have to either wait a time period from when you created your account to post pics, or message people privately
or maybe it was a certain number of posts, lol its been a long time since i started here and i dont remember.

and to all have a great day.

dak

Post by dak » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:58 am

Regarding the watts program: it really depends on what the T-300 top is connected with. If you take a look at the 1210TS specs here https://assets.peavey.com/literature/manuals/1210ts.pdf you'll see that the T-300 top is getting used in something with a 300W program at 8ohms power spec.

patrick620

Post by patrick620 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:37 pm

Thank you to everyone for the replies. I did read up on daisy chaining them. They look to be all original in great shape. I obviously wont know until I hook them up. I was told they were not blown from the old guy I got them from. I will just hook them up and check the resistance with my meter. I figured 40 bucks for the pair I couldnt go wrong. Thanks again

Bartman

Post by Bartman » Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:01 am

patrick620 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:15 pm
I think it's at least 10 or 12 posts before the forum software automatically allows posting pics. So, if you post a few more times, then you should be able to include a pic in your post. The only other way to get a pic in before the automatic switchover happens is to contact a forum moderator.