Powered stage monitors

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
Vandalay27

Powered stage monitors

Post by Vandalay27 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:58 am

So, Id like to see someone (Peavey) make a stage monitor that is like the Behrenger 220 and 320. The angle and the footprint the same. More power! Say an 800 watt minimum class D amp. Feedback control circuitry. Most important put the controls on the front!
Im a professional musician. I am busy during the performance. Like most of us out here, we dont have the budget to hire a sound man. We're running sound from the stage. Playing my instrument, singing lead and backup, reading the audience, calling songs, and etc.
I need the controls where I can reach them. Powered monitors that sound good are too expensive for the average weekend warrior. So keep the the cost below 400$ and you'll sell as many as you can make!! I'm not alone!

Stryker57

Re: Powered stage monitors

Post by Stryker57 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:07 pm

my friend , monitors .... you get what you pay for .... buy once , cry once and be done with it.

i used to make due with what i could find and buy what i could afford . finally i bought a spm 15 monitor and 1 ipr3000 amp, and i was done. clear , crisp and i could hear myself over the 110db rock drummer without a shield. in fact when he sang lead on his song , instead on turning him up in his it was easier to just crank him up more in mine . (less feedback issues)

as i have learned here ,
the wrong equipment at the right price is still the wrong equipment.