DM115's cutting out

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
Wez130

DM115's cutting out

Post by Wez130 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi all,

So yesterday, I had a gig at my venue, only a small venue.

All my equipment is under 6 months old and consists of 2x Peavey DM115s, a Behringer Xenyx QX1622 mixer and Numark NVii DJ controller.
I route my equipment through the xenyx using balanced XLRs, then output to speakers using balanced XLRs too.
I set up all equipment yesterday afternoon and tested to make sure everything was working, then left it for a few hours, content that it was.
Music started at 6pm, by about 6.20pm the music started cutting out for like 30 seconds at a time, then coming on for a few seconds. To try and isolate the problem, I disconnected the mixer and routed the DJ controller to the speakers directly, this didnt work and I had the same issue. I had a spare controller so connected that, again, same issue, so had to concede that it must be the speakers. However, as they both use individual maps, I csnt work out why they would both go off together?
Anyway, after about an hour of messing around, I got it working again directly through the Numark and it continued to work perfectly for the rest of the evening!
What would cause this? It wasnt an overload as the venue us small, the gains were on about 40% on the speakers, and the levels were on about 2/3 on the mixer and controller.
Please help?

Thank you.

Josjor

Re: DM115's cutting out

Post by Josjor » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:44 am

Are you running any sort of power conditioner? Not necessarily on the speakers, but something that monitors voltage?

It's just a guess, but maybe there was something causing a low-voltage situation earlier in the day, causing the speakers to brown-out. My immediate thought is an air-conditioner drawing too much power. I say that because it happened earlier in the day when the demand on an air-conditioner would be higher and then quit later in the day when an air-conditioner would have less demand on it.

But that's a wild guess without enough information.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro