PvxP problems

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
RollinAudio

PvxP problems

Post by RollinAudio » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:44 pm

So I’ll start with I absolutely love this sub, so much actually that I bought 4 of them. I use 2 pvxp12’s for the mains and it sounds awesome. Unfortunately there was a 6-12 month span I purchased them over. So the first difference I noticed is that the first pair I bought had the expansion slot and the 2 most recent did not. Not a big deal because I thought it was unnecessary to begin with on the sub. The next issue was that when hooked up the polarities were off, it took some time to correct the issue, I’m wondering why that could be? Manufacturer error? Also it seems the hi pass on the newer subs has less preamp. Anyone have these problems or know a reason why they are so similar but yet seem to have differences?

Josjor

Re: PvxP problems

Post by Josjor » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:10 pm

RollinAudio wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:44 pm
So I’ll start with I absolutely love this sub, so much actually that I bought 4 of them. I use 2 pvxp12’s for the mains and it sounds awesome. Unfortunately there was a 6-12 month span I purchased them over. So the first difference I noticed is that the first pair I bought had the expansion slot and the 2 most recent did not. Not a big deal because I thought it was unnecessary to begin with on the sub. The next issue was that when hooked up the polarities were off, it took some time to correct the issue, I’m wondering why that could be? Manufacturer error? Also it seems the hi pass on the newer subs has less preamp. Anyone have these problems or know a reason why they are so similar but yet seem to have differences?
What do you mean by "expansion slot" on them?

I haven't noticed any difference with the ones that have come through my shop.....but all that means is that I haven't noticed, not that there isn't a difference.
www.yandasmusic.com
Don't believe me. I'm just guessing.
Neutiquam Erro

Des e d

Post by Des e d » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:05 pm

Hi guys
Just to let you know, I have two PVXp subs and have noticed the sound, although sounding very deep, has a dirty sounding mid tone. That is a manufacturing problem. The closer you get to the sub
The worst it sounds

Stryker57

Post by Stryker57 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:08 pm

Des e d wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:05 pm
Hi guys
Just to let you know, I have two PVXp subs and have noticed the sound, although sounding very deep, has a dirty sounding mid tone. That is a manufacturing problem. The closer you get to the sub
The worst it sounds
so you just had to register and bring up a 4 year old thread to say this sub cabinet doesnt produce mid sounds very well? and have determined its a manufacturing problem? sounds more to me like someone just wanted to frown on a competitors product .