Peavey JSX cab xlr out problems?

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey speakers and enclosures.
Flutters

Peavey JSX cab xlr out problems?

Post by Flutters » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:56 pm

Hey all, i have a peavey JSX straight cabinet. Using for recording right now, blending with another amp and cabinet With microphones. My question is about the XLR OUT on the cabinet. It apparently has a speaker emulated out for direct monitoring / recording/ output for whatever you want really. I have had the cab forever but was recently trying to use the xlr output as a different 'flavour' for blending on the recording
It seems that the signal for the xlr output on the cabinet keeps randomly dropping out. It will be working, and will cut in and out randomly. Has any one else had this happen? Tried different cable and input of interface and have isolated the problem to the cab xlr out itself as the issue. When all wiring in cabinet seems to be good.. but the chipboard in the cabinet hasn't been touched besides looking at to find an issue , but nothing seems to be burnt or damaged looking.
Thank you in advance for any replies, can't find anything on this or anyone really using the xlr out in general on the interweb.
Peavey v type series
6505 head
JSX cabinet

Flutters

Re: Peavey JSX cab xlr out problems?

Post by Flutters » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:23 am

Anybody home??!!!
Peavey v type series
6505 head
JSX cabinet