Peavey Foundation 2000 specs

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
alwbass

Peavey Foundation 2000 specs

Post by alwbass » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:40 am

I recently purchased a Peavey Foundation 2000 5 string bass. The bass is light blue metallic, with a maple fretboard. The bass is in excellent condition and purchased from a guy who had two of them, he kept the white one with a maple fretboard.

I have a few questions:
A-What does serial number, 11327112 indicates as to when it was made?
B-What is the body wood?
C-The person I purchased it from replace two of the original tuners because he stated they had become loose and rattled. The holes on the tuners he installed do not line up exactly with the holes from the original tuners.
D-Where can I get OEM (or the ones Peavey used for this bass) tuners for this bass?

I will close in saying this is a solid instrument. It has the typical hum if both pickups are not turned all the way up, output seems a little low, but the tone is excellent. I have some high-end stuff like, Modulus, Ernie Ball, Lakland, Fender, etc., and I can honestly say this bass feels as good as these do.

This is one Heck of a bass for the money.

kodiakblair

Re: Peavey Foundation 2000 specs

Post by kodiakblair » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:40 am

A- This final version of the Foundation went into production 2000, discontinued 2002.
B- Body is poplar.
C/D. Send a photo of the original tuners to Amber, browneyedgirlsales on Reverb. Amber bought several pallets of hardware from the Peavey factory clear out.
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.