Peavey Cirrus 5 Blend Pot

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
sirpug

Peavey Cirrus 5 Blend Pot

Post by sirpug » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:15 pm

Hi everybody, looks like my blend pot went out on my Cirrus 5 custom shop and I'm in search of a replacement. Already contacted Peavey hoping they'd have one laying around but it was a dead end.

I have a msg out for a preamp that's for sale on another forum but does anyone on here know of an aftermarket pot that will work with the circuit board?

sirpug

Re: Peavey Cirrus 5 Blend Pot

Post by sirpug » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:35 pm

Or does anybody know if it's a 25k or 50k pot? My tech might be able to work around the board with the right pot.

sirpug

Post by sirpug » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:11 pm

I found this potentiometer and think it's the one I may need (it's the only one listed with a center detent). However I have not been able to verify the proper resistance value I need.

Can anyone confirm that Cirrus uses a 50k blend pot?

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/p ... ter-detent

Roger Crimm

Post by Roger Crimm » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:49 pm

That link is not it.

The pot is a 20K 6mm spider pot with a center detent. Our part# was 71190852, but we can't get them any more, or maybe the MOQ was some ridiculous number. In any case, that is also why we don't have the preamps any longer. Can't get that part....

Wish I could be of more help. Good luck with your search!
Roger Crimm
Service Manager
[email protected]

kodiakblair

Post by kodiakblair » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:56 pm

sirpug wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:15 pm
does anyone on here know of an aftermarket pot that will work with the circuit board?
Josh , any 20k blend pot with do.

Forget about the PCB (spider) mount , its pulling double duty as connection and securing the PCB in the control cavity. Get a 20k blend pot with 6mm shaft , run hook up wire from solder lugs to PCB contacts in the same order as your busted pot.

Fix the pot in it's control cavity position then slide the pcb in place.
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.

mb94952

Post by mb94952 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:43 pm

I had a stack of four bad Cirrus boards all with dead blend pots. I was able to send them to AudioTaper on Talkbass and he fixed them for me. I couldn't be happier and they all work like a charm now. He also replaced the 30 year old caps.

He used MN250k pots.