New Fury Owner, Little Help Please

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
daddy-r

New Fury Owner, Little Help Please

Post by daddy-r » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:09 pm

Just got a Fury, newer one ( S/N: 056844## with P-Bass pickup, love the P-Bass bass pickup, this beauty has the tone I'm looking for.
1. String height at 17th fret is 5/32d so I need to lower it; seems the micro tilt is the way to go
2. Is the Torsion Rod the Truss Rod? - relief at the 8th fret looks/feel fine - about 0014 in. I'll leave this as is for now as I play pretty light and will install Flatwounds
3. It has been in the bag for about 10 years per the seller, lots of cleaning to do. He had stickers and removed them, I'm in the process of removing the gunk with Goof-Off :D . The pickguard aged well from bright white to light tan (except where one of the stickers was). Has a warp behind the pickup; I'll put it between a tile with heavy glass over it in the sun, worked on another bass. Intonation seems o.k. I'll deal with it after it is back together.
I downloaded the owner's manual; lots of good info; I see it adjusts a bit different than a Fender but good guidance in the manual. Should be a keeper

I have had Peavey amps, Mini-Monitor and a 6-Channel PA in the past - iron horses; kind of like a Carvin. I play mainly honky-tonk country, rockabilly, pre-Beatles rock 'n' roll, etc

Any tips on adjustments, etc will be appreciated and acknowledged.

daddy-r

Re: New Fury Owner, Little Help Please

Post by daddy-r » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:51 am

It's going fine but I need to adjust the torsion (truss?) rod a bit. Manuel calls for an Allen wrench but it looks like it takes a socked - does anybody know what size?

I set pickups and saddles per Fender guide and they see fine - the pickups were a bit high and I got clicking, good now