Peavey Grind USA

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
Tobiwan

Peavey Grind USA

Post by Tobiwan » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:24 am

Hey there.

I recently managed to get a Peavey Grind USA, and it is absolutely fabulous. I only paid £250 for it, but it is fantastic to play, and really comfortable.
I contacted Peavey to get more info, and they gave me when it was made, 04/29/2003 at Meridian MS, from the serial number.
What I can't find out is what the original retail price of the USA Grinds was. I contacted a few dealers, but they have no record from back then.
I'm guessing as it's a Peavey, it was only a few hundred pounds/dollars, but does anybody know what they sold for back in the day?

Cheers

kodiakblair

Re: Peavey Grind USA

Post by kodiakblair » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:35 pm

The USA Grinds were available for such a short time it's no surprise you can't find info.

MSRP for the 4 string was $1300 and $1400 for the 5'er.

In real terms that meant $1040 and $1100, over in the UK £650 for the 4 string and £700 for the 5 string.

They weren't good sellers so after 18 months US production stopped. The BXP models kept going but the design changed from bolt on neck/active to through neck/ passive, the scale length for the 4 string model increased from 34" to 35".

There was also a pickup change, the P/J 4 string and J/J 5 string were dropped in favour of 2 soapbars.
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.

Tobiwan

Re: Peavey Grind USA

Post by Tobiwan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:29 am

That's brilliant information Kodiakblair, thank you. Exactly what I was after.
It's the best £250 I've spent. It's such a fantastic bass to play.