Left Handed Cirrus

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
Peaveypro

Left Handed Cirrus

Post by Peaveypro » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:35 am

Im a leftie and Im looking at the Cirrus 4 string not sure of the finish yet, but whats the turnaround time for a Leftie, Ive liked the Cirrus for a long time, Im not a Pro Player anymore but looking for a good gigging bass, Im leaning toward the Flame top or Quilted Maple,
Don Lanier
Pearl Pro Audio
Facebook.com/PearlProAudio

kodiakblair

Re: Left Handed Cirrus

Post by kodiakblair » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:55 pm

Peaveypro wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:35 am
Im a leftie and Im looking at the Cirrus 4 string not sure of the finish yet, but whats the turnaround time for a Leftie, Ive liked the Cirrus for a long time, Im not a Pro Player anymore but looking for a good gigging bass, Im leaning toward the Flame top or Quilted Maple,
Do you mean how long to have a left hand model built ?

If you do then I've some bad news.it's almost 10 years since Peavey shut their guitar/bass USA factory. The Cirrus was reissued as an Indonesian build 2-3 years back but I heard production of those stopped mid 2019.

You best look at the used market.
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.

Peaveypro

Re: Left Handed Cirrus

Post by Peaveypro » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:32 am

Thats disheartening news, thats what I get for waiting, Its hard enough to find Left handed basses, I once waited 13 months for Fender to build me a Left handed Sunburst with the Maple nect Precision...I might look at G&L they seem to have production. Bummer.
Don Lanier
Pearl Pro Audio
Facebook.com/PearlProAudio