No TL5 love?

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
Geri O

No TL5 love?

Post by Geri O » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:47 pm

So I just joined the Peavey Forum, after almost 40 years of being around Peavey gear in some form or another.

I had a T-40 from 1980 to 86 and traded it like a dummy.

Fast forward to this year. For some reason, the TL5s always caught my eye. I’m a big Tim Landers fan, too. A few months ago, I bought a TL5 with the intentions of making it fretless myself.

That turned into a disaster very quickly because of my ineptitude. I literally butchered the fingerboard of that TL5 and gave it away.

I really liked playing that TL5 as a fretted bass. I should have left it alone, but I’ve found another TL5 that I’m very much looking forward to getting in a week or so.

Is the TL5 just not very well liked? Out of all the great Peavey basses, it’s my favorite. I scrolled through 9 pages of the forum and didn’t one post about TLs.

Later on, I may get a T-40 and convert it to a 5-string. That project looks reasonably straightforward to do.

kodiakblair

Re: No TL5 love?

Post by kodiakblair » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:35 pm

If you take a look at my "Prestige" you'll see 1st & 2nd gen TL-5s and my TL-6.

Have photo of my T40 5 string conversion in there too :-)

Did I see a FB conversation between yourself and my good friend Ronnie this week?
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.

Geri O

Post by Geri O » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:03 pm

kodiakblair wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Did I see a FB conversation between yourself and my good friend Ronnie this week?
Yes, you did! I’m getting another TL from him this weekend.

I’ll look those pics of your TLs up. I’m interested in a TL6, but I have no practical need for a TL6 at this time.

Which won’t stop me if that wild hair grows enough...

kodiakblair

Post by kodiakblair » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:59 pm

Geri O wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:03 pm
kodiakblair wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Yes, you did! I’m getting another TL from him this weekend.
Coming from Ronnie it'll be in tip top condition. He shipped a lovely Dyna/Unity Series over to me here in Scotland a few years back.
Arrived strung with flats so he's a mindreader as well as a great guy :-)
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.