B-ninety wiring diagram

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey basses.
JimGbass

B-ninety wiring diagram

Post by JimGbass » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:35 am

Hi All,
I bought a used B-Ninety, and someone monkeyed-around with the electronics. they added a gizmo, and I just want to return the bass to original condition.
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the B-Ninety?

kodiakblair

Re: B-ninety wiring diagram

Post by kodiakblair » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:16 pm

Hi Jim

Wiring on these was pretty standard, just look online for PJ wiring .

Normally 3 x 250k log pots for 2 volume and 1 tone pot + cap , cap value 0.047uf.

Each pickup was wired in series. 1 hot / 1 ground / 2 spliced together.

If you have the active version, it uses the same pots/cap but there's a battery feed to pickups and output socket.

Was the "gizmo" some form of mini switch ? If so then previous owner probably was going series/parallel.
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.

JimGbass

Post by JimGbass » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:32 pm

Thanks for the reply.
Yes, it's active (9v). and 250K pots for Volume (2) Tone (1).
A pot was added, so I'm not certain what it does, other than increase volume slightly. The tone doesn't make as big a difference as I hear from my other basses.

Most importantly, the scotch tape on the green & white leads proves that a professional did this. ;o)

So, maybe I replace the existing wiring with new stuff. Any recommendations? I see wiring is available everywhere.

3 photos attached for your viewing pleasure.
PV1.jpg
PV1.jpg (118.66 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
PV3.jpg
PV3.jpg (110.4 KiB) Viewed 1903 times
PV2.jpg
PV2.jpg (125.03 KiB) Viewed 1903 times

kodiakblair

Post by kodiakblair » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:38 pm

@JimGbass

I've spoken to a few other B-90 owners and they confirmed my suspicions.

The PCB is a gizmo ; who knows what purpose it serves but likely a form of gain.

Your B-90 is the passive version. The Scotch taped green/white wires likely left the factory like that , Scotch tape is a step up from the painter's masking tape I've found in some Peaveys :o

The pickups are hum cancelling , green/white is then joined in series.

You can easily revert this bass back to stock , just remove the PCB and battery. Keep the Vol/Tone pots and caps , you can also keep the stereo jack socket.
Vol Vol Tone.png
Vol Vol Tone.png (260.38 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
Axcelerator,B-90,B-Quad,Cirrus,Dyna,Dyna/Unity,Foundations,Forum,Fury,Gbass,Grind,International,midibase,Milestone III, Millenniums,Patriot,Resolite,RJ-IV,Sarzo,3 T40,T45,T20,TL-5,Tragic,Unity,Void,Zephyr5,3 Zodiac.