Is my T60 a rarity

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
I3igdriver

Is my T60 a rarity

Post by I3igdriver » Sat May 20, 2023 11:04 am

Hi guys.
I’ve just joined the forum as I’ve only just found out you exist.
I’m curious to ask you more knowledgeable guys if my T60 is a rarity?
She’s a 1981 tobacco sunburst and absolutely stunning. There’s no damage and is immaculate as us the case, mainly because even though I’ve owned her from new, believe it or not she’s problem been played lless than 100 hours I’d estimate. In fact probably considerably less.
The guitar is 100% original parts and condition and she still looks 42 years later like she’s just rolled out of the factory.
I’ve had her out and serviced recently by a top engineer who gave the pots a clean and checked out the coils and phase switch, but has confirmed to me that she’s working perfectly. He also begged me never to sell it to anyone else but him should I choose to do so. (Which I won’t incidentally)
My question is does anyone have or know of a T60 that’s been immaculately maintained in mint condition like mine, or as I asked initially,, is she a rarity.
Cheers guys
Gerry

twangboy

Re: Is my T60 a rarity

Post by twangboy » Tue May 23, 2023 9:41 am

Condition is more rare than color. Many have been "modded" refinned or parted out . Some just plain trashed.

Congrats on a beautiful treasure!
2- 87' Falcons, 90 Falcon Standard, 91 Falcon Custom,94 Axcelerator, 95 Firenza, Patriot, 83 Impact 2, 84 Horizon 2, Prowler, Wiggy, 2 X Classic 20,Classic 30 II, VK20MH(FieldKing!), 112SX cab, Transtube Pro 100 EFX, Transtube 258EFX

CGremlin

Re: Is my T60 a rarity

Post by CGremlin » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:13 pm

T-60s in excellent/mint condition are unusual to find, but I don't think I'd quite call them rare. One each of the T-40s and T-60s that I have are in immaculate, as-new condition, and my '78 Sienna Burst T-40 is pretty danged close. Once or twice a year I'll come across a NOS closet queen that still has the original pickguard overlay with the control graphics on it along with the case candy.

A T of any vintage that's all original and still in great condition is always a cause for celebration, so congrats on owning a cherry example!