Peavey Wolfgang Locking Nut Help or Wanted

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
DarthWarlag

Peavey Wolfgang Locking Nut Help or Wanted

Post by DarthWarlag » Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:48 pm

Hey guys! Im new here but looking forward to being a part of the group. Im very big on guitars love them obviously thats why im here but i love me some wolfgangs especially. So i got a 2000s Peavey Wolfgang. As known they came with Ping brand locking nuts and are somewhat soft so are prone to makeing string grooves in the nut. In my case the bottom 3 strings got the strings caused grooves into the nut so im looking to put a different nut on it or looking for someone who got a good ping locking nut from a wolfgang i can buy just name the price. I do have a german made schaller nut that ive been trying but it doesnt take well it cause i think the screw holes are a little different on the german made compared to these ping ones. It will stick out a bit on Low E side and a bit of a gap between it and the first fret. It wont seat properly unless i fill and drill new holes im figureing. I also have a Peavey HP2 so i tried taking the nut off that and putting it on the wolfgang. It fit alot better than the schaller nut but if i hit the whammy bar it will go up pitch by like half a step. If anyone knows a locking nut that i can just drop on it with no issue can someone let me know please or any info that might help. Or if you have a spare one from a peavey wolfgang let me know and ill buy it right away! The guitar is playing good with stock one on its driving me nuts knowing they are there. Hope to hear from somebody here! Thanks a million guys!