Peavey Generation EXP Tele tone question

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
roger812

Peavey Generation EXP Tele tone question

Post by roger812 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:21 pm

I inherited this guitar from a lead player buddy who passed away. It has a humbucker in the neck position and a single at the bridge. The guitar plays well and sounds good, however I'm not getting a whole lot of response from the tone pot. I was thinking maybe the pot might need upgrading or perhaps a resister or something added . . . . I'm dumber than a box of rock when it comes to this kind of thing. That's why I thought I'd throw it out there to pros here. I've been trying to locate a wiring diagram but I've been striking out there. Also the serial number on the back of the head stock is AQHC1205 can anything be gleaned from this number. Thanks in advance

studiodtk5

Re: Peavey Generation EXP Tele tone question

Post by studiodtk5 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:38 pm

I don’t have that version of the guitar. If you open up the control cavity, can you take a photo of the capacitor that is connected to the tone knob?
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...