Peavey Rotor Special 3/4 Is It Good Guitar For The Price?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
Mumlaa

Peavey Rotor Special 3/4 Is It Good Guitar For The Price?

Post by Mumlaa » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:35 am

so today i purchased Peavey Rotor Special 3/4 Guitar !
I liked it but i want your opinions about this guitar!
thanks!
Attachments
PEAVEY-ROTOR-SPECIAL-EC2012287-.jpg
PEAVEY-ROTOR-SPECIAL-EC2012287-.jpg (64.11 KiB) Viewed 1912 times

JamesPaul

Re: Peavey Rotor Special 3/4 Is It Good Guitar For The Price?

Post by JamesPaul » Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 am

Most Peavey guitars are surprisingly consistent, and good, due to their manufacturing process. Plenty of CNC Machining, of which Peavey was an early adopter. So if it has not been abused, it should be fine. It looks well cared for in your picture. Reminds me alot of the Peavey Mantis LT, which is another cool looking guitar.

If you are happy with what you paid, it is good for the price.

Get it properly set up, and play it for a while. As a single pickup guitar, you may, or may not, prefer the pickup that is in it. But if needed, pickups are easily changed.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Mumlaa

Post by Mumlaa » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:18 pm

Hello Thanks for reply yes pickup is okay but not best so i purchased EMG HZ Pickup Humbucker so i will upgrade and it will be good to go i liked the neck and everything so i will change the pickup and it will be way better!
Regards Mumlaa!

dak

Post by dak » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:35 am

JamesPaul wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:44 am
Most Peavey guitars are surprisingly consistent, and good, due to their manufacturing process. Plenty of CNC machining, of which Peavey was an early adopter.
CNC is actually not a warranty for useful instruments though since wood is a living and non-isotropic material (isotropic meaning the same in each direction: cast steel is isotropic, rolled steel becomes anisotropic again). When the wood is a tensioned part of the sound production (like with a violin), you essentially need to work with the grain for best results: CNC-produced beginner violins tend to have twice the weight of a good instrument (or they'd break apart right away) and consequently a tepid sound quality.

For a solid-body instrument like an electric guitar, this is less of a concern. However, I've seen cheap (the kind you get in a supermarket rather than a music store) guitars apparently created from not properly aged wood where the neck would warp to unplayability within a year.

So CNC certainly retains a lot of potential for bad music instruments, depending on the raw materials, even when the CNC program is perfect (note that a machining process does not improve over time and practice like even an untrained worker does).

That aside, "Good For The Price" is kind of the Peavey brand identity, as is "robust". I'd expect the guitars to be in that ballpark as well.