Mystic Replacement Neck

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
ATXJim

Mystic Replacement Neck

Post by ATXJim » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:56 pm

Hi, new member here. I currently have a Mystic I bought to fix up. The frets are shot and I am trying to weigh the cost of a regret versus installing a different compatible neck. If I'm not mistaken, Patriot necks of the same vintage are basically the same. It's a long shot, but does anyone here have a Mystic neck they might want to part with? at this point I'm leaning towards just having the re-fret but would appreciate any input from y'all here. I also need a new pickup selector switch and neck pup ring which are proving hard to track down.
Thanks

JamesPaul

Re: Mystic Replacement Neck

Post by JamesPaul » Sun Sep 04, 2022 2:20 am

If nobody has a Mystic neck to sell, go with the refret. You may also not be far away from needing a refret on any used Mystic neck you buy.

I am not to worried about original parts, but you can review Roger's lists over here.

Need Parts?

There is also a lady, Amber, who bought a lot of Peavey stuff at the Peavey NOS Auction. I think she was selling it on eBay and Reverb, but she also posts on the Peavey Universe Facebook page. She is in Meridian, and there are folks on the Forum who have dealt with her and will vouch. Here is one Topic with some information.

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=53234&#337858
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Miles Stone

Post by Miles Stone » Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:32 am

I have several nos Patriot necks if you still need one.
That should be a direct replacement.

Miles Stone

Post by Miles Stone » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:19 pm

I do have a used Nitro Reverse headstock (80's metal style)
if that is more to your liking. 23 fret same pocket
Kahler Locking Nut.