Peavey EVH Wolfgang gig bag

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
ChyveFear

Peavey EVH Wolfgang gig bag

Post by ChyveFear » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:26 am

Hi. A friend has a good condition Peavey EVH Wolfgang USA 90s? red/black/white striped front and back gig bag and has been told it was a limited edition, 100 were made, it is 'rare', and is supposedly worth substantially more than an average gig bag were he to sell it.
He has asked me to find out if this is true and if so what a ballpark figure would therefore be.

Apologies if there are forum rules about asking values of things, I checked the rules and couldn't see anything.

Anyone shed any light on the truth of all this? Any help would be much appreciated.

VSW

Re: Peavey EVH Wolfgang gig bag

Post by VSW » Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:21 am

Well, there are two on eBay right now. Both brand new with tags for $89.99 each, one also says obo.
Vaughan

ChyveFear

Post by ChyveFear » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:02 am

Thank you kindly for your reply vsw. Okay I checked out the ones I think you are referring to (I'm in Scotland incidentally so I'm assuming you are looking at the US Ebay given you mention dollars) and the design I mean is different (sorry couldn't show a photo, as I say my friend has it). On his, the design has the red/black/white pattern covering most of the bag surface, not just the logo area.
On Reverb I've now found one sold 3 years ago in the USA for $350 ('old stock - very good used') and another sold for $989 a few months ago, ('open box, unused, mint') again a US shop on Reverb, and there it also mentions '100 made' he was told I notice (as far as I can tell these were the US dollar prices).
So hmm... bit of a range there...

VSW

Post by VSW » Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:38 pm

Yes, I was looking at US Ebay. I checked there first because Reverb is kind of notorious for high prices. I've gotten good deals at Reverb, but they seem to be a little unusual.

Sorry I couldn't help, but those prices are so far from anything I can find that I suspect something going on in the currency translation crossing the pond.

By the time prices that I can find get to $200, even on Reverb, they are for hard-shell cases not gig bags. EVH branded hard-shell cases.

Best of luck to your friend. :-)
Vaughan