Peavey Wolfgang Special Black

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
dmarshall13

Peavey Wolfgang Special Black

Post by dmarshall13 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:38 am

Hello all,
HELP!
I have a Peavey Wolfgang Special in black. I am not the original owner, but I've had it for a couple years, so I don't know the history. I need help valuing this guitar.

I know Peavey made a lot of Wolfgang special in black, but the one I own has "faux binding". Ive never seen another special painted black with binding. I was reading an article from guitar list.com and it was saying that the special guitars in black were rarely given faux binding and it is only because the maple top got rejected that they decided to paint in black, but keep the binding.

So my question is, since my Wolfgang special is black with the maple top "faux binding", is this guitar worth more? Ive never seen another one but I thought I'd ask. Could someone help me out please?
IMG_2076.jpeg
IMG_2076.jpeg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 1463 times
Im thinking about selling it and I would like some information on it if anyone has some.
Thanks

(linked of website)
https://www.guitar-list.com/peavey/elec ... ng-special

IMG_2071.jpeg
IMG_2071.jpeg (3.08 MiB) Viewed 1463 times
IMG_2072.jpeg
IMG_2072.jpeg (3.06 MiB) Viewed 1463 times
IMG_2073.jpeg
IMG_2073.jpeg (2.39 MiB) Viewed 1463 times
IMG_2074.jpeg
IMG_2074.jpeg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 1463 times
IMG_2075.jpeg
IMG_2075.jpeg (2.39 MiB) Viewed 1463 times
IMG_2076.jpeg
IMG_2076.jpeg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 1463 times
IMG_2070.jpeg
IMG_2070.jpeg (3.26 MiB) Viewed 1463 times

Rand O’Merik

Re: Peavey Wolfgang Special Black

Post by Rand O’Merik » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:40 pm

Your pictures appear to show a guitar that is in what most would consider to be “player’s condition.” People looking for used guitars typically aren’t going to be squeezed for a premium price for any reason. If you want to sell it then you’re going to have to value it like any other used guitar. The odds that you’d find a collector with more money than brains, who’s willing to overlook every other imperfection just because you claim to have read something somewhere that may or may not make the guitar “rare,” are slim to none. I mean what you’re describing is a factory-salvaged second. Guitars like that are usually sold at a discount; they aren’t priced higher because an imperfection makes them “unique.” Sounds harsh, but that’s likely the reality of it. So if I were you, I wouldn’t risk looking like some kind of used car salesman just put a fair price on it and get on with your life.

ElRey

Re: Peavey Wolfgang Special Black

Post by ElRey » Tue May 10, 2022 9:07 pm

Well, unfortunately there's no Like button here to agree with Rand's advice... but I definitely do.
Pretty cool that your Wolfie is somewhat different, of course, but still, it's more like a 'second' from a more premium version.