Peavey DW-2 Dreadnought Acoustic

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
jinxjx

Peavey DW-2 Dreadnought Acoustic

Post by jinxjx » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:20 pm

Hello, does anyone know what gauge strings come on this guitar ? And can 12 - 53 be used ?....thank you very much

VSW

Re: Peavey DW-2 Dreadnought Acoustic

Post by VSW » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:11 pm

I don't know what came on the DW-2 guitars from the factory but 12-53 sets are considered "Light" for Acoustic Guitars and may be what came on it. (That's "Light" vs. "Extra Light" or "Custom Light"; just normal Light)

There is no reason that 12-53s shouldn't work fine. My personal preference is for lighter gauge strings, but that's just my personal preference, ie. I'm just lazy I guess. I keep Extra Light 10-47s on my Epiphone Masterbilt De Luxe, a large body archtop, and it sounds great to me.

Enjoy you DW-2. Looks like a great acquisition to me. :-)
Vaughan

jinxjx

Post by jinxjx » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:35 pm

Thanks Vaughan, Yea, im gonna go to guitarcenter and pick one up, they suppose to have them in stock.......thank you

gateroadmusic

Post by gateroadmusic » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:09 pm

I got a DW-2 about two days ago. I've got it set up the way I want it, and it sounds AWESOME! This one came with HEAVILY BEARCKAWED TOP!. I took it to a Bluegrass jam last night, and it sounded amazing! This guitar is so light.. The only thing I'm trying to figure out is the manufacture date. If someone can help, I would really appreciate it. The serial is 1ARCB1300269.