AT 200 guitar issue - Autotune and passive mode at same time

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
aledan

AT 200 guitar issue - Autotune and passive mode at same time

Post by aledan » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:42 pm

Hi everyone and happy new year!

I just joined the forum because I have a big issue with my new AT 200 guitar. It is a Christmas gift and I don't know if the guitar is broken or not...

The guitar works very well in passive mode but when I engage the autotune mode, the passive mode is not bypassed!

An example: I put my finger on the neck on 5the fret (baritone position), strum all six strings and engage autotune system (green led). When I play the sixth chord I hear at the same time and with the same level "E note" (passive mode) and "A note" (autotune mode)!

What happen? Where am I wrong?

Thanks! Bye

Den.

Re: AT 200 guitar issue - Autotune and passive mode at same time

Post by Den. » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:18 pm

Hi...
I realize that this thread is over a year old but I have a contribution. BE AWARE that if you are playing at a fairly low volume or are standing far from the amp (or both) you will always hear the acoustic sound of the strings along with the processed sound and it will sound weird. Do this test: Plug into your powered up amp and with the AT-200 off (tone knob UP) the passive pickups will be on. Tap on the pickups with the tip pf a screwdriver and you should hear the taps LOUD through the the speaker. Now turn the AT-200 on (tone knob down). Tap on the pickups again. Do you hear the taps LOUD through the speaker? If you already did this test and you are SURE that BOTH sets of pickups are playing at the same time then there is a problem in the TONE control push-pull switch wiring. As the switch switches on the piezo pickups then that same switch is supposed to switch off the passive pickups.