Short scale neck on a Reactor?

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
SandraStewart

Short scale neck on a Reactor?

Post by SandraStewart » Fri May 29, 2020 4:26 am

Hello,
This is my first post.
On my last business trip, I decided if my Peavey Reactor would fit in a portable suitcase with an unlocked neck. It looks like the body will fit but the neck is too long.

Instead of having an entirely new guitar just for trips, especially a "travel" guitar with a small body or a small guitar, I thought maybe just having a neck has Short size fits a suitcase.

Anyone know if a short-scale T-15 or T-30 collar will fit into the Reactor? The bolt pattern and heel size are big factors, as well as whether the saddle has enough adjustment range to compensate for intonation.

twangboy

Re: Short scale neck on a Reactor?

Post by twangboy » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:52 pm

You may get the neck to "fit" but if its a different scale that the original reactor, you'll have a hard time intonating it. the T15/30 are 23.5" scale if i remember correctly and the reactor is 25.5. Thats a huge difference. good luck
#TGPVS. 87' Falcon, 90 Falcon Standard, 83 Milestone,93 Impact 2, 95 Firenza, Patriot, 83 Frost Blue T-26, 83 Sunburst NOS T26, Prowler, Wiggy, 2 X Classic 20,Classic 30 II, VK20MH(FieldKing!), 112SX cab, , Transtube Pro 100 EFX