Fret size for reactor mid 90’s

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
Jmartens2

Fret size for reactor mid 90’s

Post by Jmartens2 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:09 am

Hi can anyone please point me towards some info I need?
Fret size and maybe some tips for a reactor re fret.
Thank you for your time and hard work!
Jerry

Jmartens2

Re: Fret size for reactor mid 90’s

Post by Jmartens2 » Fri May 01, 2020 7:05 pm

Well I was hoping for at least a recommendation on the fret size for the peavey reactor. I keep waiting. Thanks

Jmartens2

Post by Jmartens2 » Wed May 27, 2020 11:40 am

Wow I really thought I could get some help here.
Okay I’ll wait for my answer. Thank you

VSW

Post by VSW » Wed May 27, 2020 11:14 pm

I know that you're frustrated with the lack of response, but it's a difficult question to answer. Fretwire come in a variety of materials, widths, and heights.

Guitars have been made with very tall frets down to the low flat fretted Gibson "Fretless wonders." (Above the extremely tall range are scalloped fretboards which are like exaggerated tall frets...see https://www.frudua.com/advantages-and-d ... tboard.htm for example.)

What do you like?

Where are you planning on having the fretwork done? Talk it over with the luthier that you plan to have do the work.

Myself, I tend to like tall frets. I have skinny fingers with very large knuckles. My left forefinger isn't straight, but bends toward my middle finger at the proximal interphalangeal (PIP) joint, the knuckle closet to my palm. The combination of the large knuckle and the bend there makes bar cords extremely difficult. Taller frets help with that. I would consider trying a scalloped fretboard, but realistically I'm too financially responsible (cheap) to buy one anyway. I'd still like to play one sometime, though.

Let us know what you decide.
Vaughan

Jmartens2

Post by Jmartens2 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:28 am

Thank you for your hard work and time. Basically
I wish to return it to original specs. I could just measure it but I just want to get it right