Peavey Acoustic Electric Guitar Model SD-11 CE

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
@mplifiedHeat

Peavey Acoustic Electric Guitar Model SD-11 CE

Post by @mplifiedHeat » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:38 pm

I was hoping I could get some information here since I am having no luck searching online, at least very little info. I have recently come accross a Peavey SD-11 CE cutaway acoustic guitar - I posted a few pictures below. What I am not sure of, is if this is part of the Dreadnought series. I have found info on the SD-11 PCE and SD-11 P, but nothing really on just the SD-11 CE. Does anyone know what the difference is between the P, PCE and CE is or is the CE supposed to be PCE and maybe a typo? I know this is one of the Landola guitars that Peavey bought and resold them in their name in the USA. This particular guitar I have shows on the sticker that is was made in Finland "To the highest standards of Finnish craftsmanship" and of course is in GREAT condition, but I just can't find any detailed info on these SD-11 models and their value. Please let me know if anyone has more info and can point me in the right direction. Thanks!
Attachments
SD-11 CE Guitar
SD-11 CE Guitar
sd-11CE2.jpg (27.13 KiB) Viewed 4255 times
SD-11 CE Model Info
SD-11 CE Model Info
sd-11CE1.jpg (28 KiB) Viewed 4255 times

@mplifiedHeat

Re: Peavey Acoustic Electric Guitar Model SD-11 CE

Post by @mplifiedHeat » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:50 am

Well I did speak with Peavey Customer Service, and they did mention it is a part of the Dreadnought series, but that the "CE" was not anything he had heard of. Some documentation they sent me showed:

SD-9P - Classic Dreadnought body shape with a Canadian cedar top
SD-11P - Classic Dreadnought body shape with German alpine spruce top
DD-21P - Deluxe Dreadnought
SD-11PCE - Dreadnought body shape with cutaway, under-saddle piezo pickup with multi-band EQ and Volume control and 9V battery compartment

There is a few jumbo models as well in the Dreadnought series, but those are labeled as "CJ" not "SD" - so, I guess the question is, is there a "CE" version in that series or what is more likely is it should be "PCE" and someone forgot to write in the "P" on the sticker. From the specs of the "PCE" listed, the guitar I have matches everything it says on their and looks exactly like the "PCE" in pictures I have seen. I don't know if there is anybody around that can confirm for sure, even Peavey said the guys that might have known the answer to that are no longer at Peavey.

Classic30inCincy

Post by Classic30inCincy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:53 am

It will be necessary to contact the manufacturer in Finland to get the answers to your questions.

PAF Classic Series Tube Kit.......Created By Classic30inCincy
Majic Mojo Tradename..........Created By Classic30inCincy
Graduate Of Joe Friday / Dragnet School Of Correspondence
Doctorate Degree Diplomacy From Royal Order Possum Lodge

@mplifiedHeat

Post by @mplifiedHeat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:19 am

Thanks for your reply - I have sent them an email after you mentioned that, so we will see what information they come up with.