Introducing ZebRaptor

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
fkitch

Introducing ZebRaptor

Post by fkitch » Fri May 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi
1st post!
I bought a couple of months ago a very mistreated Peavey Raptor I International Series for 30 Euros (34 USD) with the aim of being my first guitar restoration project, this meaning lots of youtube, lots of work (what an insane amount of gunk on the fretboard!!) and learning and possibly not that very good results.

Completely disassembled it for proper cleaning (body is laminated by the way, although it weighs more than you'd think), rust removal, stickers removal (oooh what a pain), pots cleaning, body cleaning, a very soft fret polish ...

Added a bit of creativity (and black adhesive vinyl) to make it more personal... and after many hours of work here's the result,
ZebRaptor!

I'm extremely happy with the guitar, after cleaning and setup it sounds and feels WAY WAY better than I expected. Neck feels great (I'm a novice player) and is very confortable for my big hands, it's radius 12" I think
I love the fretboard wood grain and colour, after wiping it intensively (no cleaning/polishing products) a completely different color surfaced, very nice!
Serial number is 6116105 , neck's one 00370700 I think it dates to 1993 ?

Original whammy bar included as well!

Best 30 Eur ever spent!