Iso orginal pickups for a 91 falcon custom

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
William104

Iso orginal pickups for a 91 falcon custom

Post by William104 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi if anyone has any original pickups for a 91 falcon custom and you are willing to sell them please let me know thanks
20171021_184934.jpg
20171021_184934.jpg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 4087 times

bondedbybrick

Re: Iso orginal pickups for a 91 falcon custom

Post by bondedbybrick » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:35 pm

William,

As I said in your previous post, the HCS/HRS (stacked hummers) that came with the Falcon Custom are EXTREMELY hard to find. You have a couple of options:

1. Buy another Falcon Custom that has the original pickups , or
2. Find a set of Bill Lawrence L290/L280 stacked hummers

You can find the BL pickups easier and cheaper than buying another Falcon Custom. In addition, I think they sound as good as the Peavey HCS/HRS pickups. A bonus is they fit the Falcon's PU footprint without having to cut wood.

Best of luck in your search!
Derek

1991 Blue Falcon Custom

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:22 pm

I don't know jack about the pickups in a 91 Falcon Custom.

I do know that Seymour Duncan offers Stratocaster and Telecaster stacks. I have a SD Vintage Stack Telecaster neck pickup in one of my guitars. SD also has a Custom Shop that can rewind pickups, customize their SD pickups or create any pickup you can spec out.

If you are just chasing the tones of the 91 Falcon Custom, and you want to invest a little more than the BL's cost but maybe less than buying another Falcon Custom, the SD Custom Shop might be able to help you. I tried for several years to track down a Fender X-1 pickup that didn't cost more than the road worn '81 Lead II I was putting it in. I finally gave up and just had the SD Custom shop build me an X-1.

http://customshop.seymourduncan.com/

Now if you are looking for original pickup to try and restore the value of a 91 Falcon Custom, I understand this won't help.
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.

Lee60

Post by Lee60 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:09 am

I think this is what you're looking for:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-80s-PE ... :rk:1:pf:0

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-80s-PE ... :rk:2:pf:0

Only 2 of 3... but better than nothing! HTH!
Current Peavey roster:
Composer acoustic, Fury bass, Falcon Standard, Patriot (hardtail), Patriot (tremolo), Predator, Reactor, T-15

Non-Peavey
Squier Affinity Starcaster, Taylor 314ce acoustic

BPSUL

Post by BPSUL » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Just don’t cut into that sweet guitar.

I have 3 falcons like yours. Love them. The pickups are okay. But when I swap pickups i use ones that fit. No cutting or routing.

Pickups that fit: stacked pickups or rail hb pickups like Duncan lil 59’s or JB hrs. Also gfs lipstick tubes for strats. Those are the best pickups I’ve ever heard in a Falcon by the way.

BPSUL

Post by BPSUL » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:28 pm

Whats a set go for these days? Maybe I’d be willing to spare one...

JamesPaul

Post by JamesPaul » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Looks like those on eBay were going for $26 USD each. That's not a bad price for any pickup. Although now it looks like they're up to $35. Better buy them quick. Or perhaps this topic is increasing the price? :roll:
Enzo wrote:I find if the amp is working, that is a good point to stop fixing it.
James Paul's Peaveys
Decade, Classics, Ecoustic, Windsors, VYPYR, Triple XXX, XXL, VKs, Bandit, JSXs, VIP, Piranha and a Penta.