Wolfgang Neck Cleaning Tips

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
Anthony Johns

Wolfgang Neck Cleaning Tips

Post by Anthony Johns » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:55 am

The following tips should be taken into consideration to retain the good looks and sound of your EVH Wolfgang guitar:

Wash hands thoroughly before playing to minimize the effects of excessive dirt and skin acids. Wipe the instrument down with a soft, dry cloth after each use. The oil finished neck should be cleaned and replenished periodically, such as during string changes. We recommend using Peavey Lemon-oil (http://peavey.com/products/index.cfm/list/872/) for this but many of the commercially available fingerboard or lemon oils are suitable. Do not use oils containing stains or pigments as they may stain the neck. Also, do not apply a paste wax to the neck. Paste wax is fine for oil finishes on instrument bodies and furniture, but it can cause a wax build up resulting in a "sticky" or "gummy" neck feel.

Using a soft, clean cloth; apply only enough oil to moisten the wood surface of the neck. Allow the oil to absorb into the wood for a few minutes, and then wipe off any excess. If excessively dirty, apply the oil using a soft-bristled toothbrush, and gently scrub the surface to loosen and remove any dirt and grime. Wipe off any excess.

Small surface scratches and stains on the neck can be removed with #0000 ultra fine steel wool, or an equivalent synthetic steel wool. Do not allow steel wool or shavings to be exposed to the pickups, frets or finished body and peghead surfaces. Regular use and cleaning will keep the frets clean and shiny. If the frets should need additional work, it is recommended to let an experienced technician perform this operation. Do not scrub the fret surfaces with steel wool unless the fingerboard is properly masked as staining of the maple fingerboard may occur.

Clean and shine the guitar body and peghead surface with a soft, clean cloth and a polish suitable for hard, gloss finishes, such as Peavey Guitar Polish. Do not use water- or alcohol-based polishes on the oil finished neck surface. They can raise the wood grain resulting in a rough surface texture and possibly cause damage to the neck. Store your instrument in the case when it's not in use. We include a desiccant pack inside the Wolfgang case to help absorb moisture if needed. If a humidifier is needed, you can either use a commercially available product or make one yourself by enclosing a slightly damp sponge inside a small, plastic salt or pepper shaker.

peanutismint

AT-200 stopped working via batteries? Won't turn on unless externally powered...

Post by peanutismint » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:54 pm

My AT-200 stopped working on battery power. I've tested the voltage coming out of the battery pack and it's 6V as expected. I also tested it running across one of the components on the Antares board, and it's also 6V so it's getting power, but the light won't come on and the sound output goes dead when I turn on the Antares. With external power via the DIN cable from my breakout box the system powers on. Also if I remove external power once it has 'started up', the guitar will then continue to run on battery power as expected. This has only started happening within the past few months.....

Any ideas what could have gone wrong? I wiggled all the connectors going to the board but still no light/sound.....