USA Predator headstocks - WITH COMPARISON PHOTOS - what do w

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
dryley

Re: USA Predator headstocks - WITH COMPARISON PHOTOS - what do w

Post by dryley » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:46 pm

So approximately when did the "gen 6" start? I have 3 of these, a '92, '94... and the 3rd one has been modified, I can't see a serial number. But it does have the one piece neck. Thanks for any response!

cronald

Re: USA Predator headstocks - WITH COMPARISON PHOTOS - what

Post by cronald » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:56 pm

Riffs wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:38 pm

2nd Gen.
Predator w/ single coil pickups & black finish on headstock, generic, round tuners.
Are these original tuners from the factory, or aftermarket?
Small script Predator, and script Peavey/Handcrafted in U.S.A. by Peavey.
Earliest example of 2nd Gen. found is # 0249866XX.
I've got what appears to be a gen 2. Headstock reads "Predator Handcrafted in USA by Peavey", round tuners (yes, I can confirm these are original, they are branded as Grover on the underside upon removal) My serial number is significantly lower than the earliest known example however. In addition, (perhaps this is standard for the predator, but odd coming from a patriot, the fretboard is actually a thin (probably approx 1/4" thick) Maple laminate, but the neck is still bi-laminate as one would expect. Headstock is natural as well

The serial number is 021822XX

Perhaps this is now the earliest known example of the 2nd gen?

Interestingly, the tuners have pins on the underside like the newer Fender guitars come with, however, each tuner only has one centered pin as opposed to two pins on Fender's design.