The FIRENZA Thread!

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
GennyFan

Re: The FIRENZA Thread!

Post by GennyFan » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:02 pm

derricku_23 wrote:Finally got to dig into the Firenza last night with the guys. Very happy with it. Sounds amazing. It has a more full and rich sound than the Cropper. I won't tell Steve the next time I talk to him but if I do he's picky about his sound just like me so he'll understand.
That's pretty much my experience too. Not knocking the Cropper, but it just shows how good the Firenzas really are.

derricku_23

Post by derricku_23 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:31 pm

GennyFan wrote:
derricku_23 wrote:Finally got to dig into the Firenza last night with the guys. Very happy with it. Sounds amazing. It has a more full and rich sound than the Cropper. I won't tell Steve the next time I talk to him but if I do he's picky about his sound just like me so he'll understand.
That's pretty much my experience too. Not knocking the Cropper, but it just shows how good the Firenzas really are.
Exactly! Each have their own distinctive sound and feel. So far my only issue is the weight. I was hoping it would be lighter. Although the tone makes up for it.
Cropper Classic
Reactor AX
Predator AX
Carvin Bel Air 410
Taylor 214ce

TRexF16

Post by TRexF16 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:41 pm

Holy Cow I love that Bigsby on the Soapbar Firenza! Now you said there are no permanent mods, which I am loving, but it looks as if there are two Phillips-head screws driven into the guitar body at the aft part of the B5 body. Is this an illusion or are there holes there in the body that would have to be dealt with if the Bigsby was removed?

Looks awesome now - I bet it's fun to play.

Rex

countreno

Post by countreno » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:22 am

Thanks! No holes. The Vibramate is a plate that sits below the Bigsby and is held in place only by the two bolts (provided) in the former stud tailpiece holes, which seems to be plenty (mine's been on there for about seven years). The Bigsby attaches to the Vibramate plate with four short bolts.

There's a good set of pix here: http://www.vibramate.com/vibramate-v5-install.php

No, I don't work for Vibramate. 8)

rangersvato

Post by rangersvato » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:41 pm

Good afternoon from Texas. Wanted to touch base about how cool the past couple days have been.

Short version: I got a dead mint turquoise sparkle Firenza JX for cheap Wednesday night. I'm at a job that limits internet access, so I currently can't access Photobucket to post pics. I'll rectify that this evening, unless someone has a marvelous work-around for prior to that.

Longer version: Hey, wow... I really scored on Dallas Craigslist. I keep an eye on the list, and had never seen a Firenza. What I turned up when Googling this instrument was very interesting, and for $125 (yup), I just couldn't say no.

What really dumbfounds me is the condition. The plastic film was still on the humbucker, and it's still on the back panel. No fret wear that I can find, though there was light oxidation (which I polished out last night).

It's got really good, usable tones! Versatile instrument. Neck is fairly flat and thin, which is a direction I've wanted to go. It needs a setup, which I will tackle over the weekend.

There really does appear to be a solid fanbase for these, and I can see why. This is one unsung little guitar from what I can tell so far. I love this color too. Got it with a gig bag, which is fine with me. I need to weight it, but man, it's pretty light.

Now I want one with P90s.

Anyway, the information in this forum was a key component in making this purchase, and I appreciate you all for it. Now I just have to get these pesky photos posted.

TRexF16

Post by TRexF16 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:45 pm

There's a good set of pix here: http://www.vibramate.com/vibramate-v5-install.php

Oh heck yes! I want one. I love the fact that it could be swapped back and forth between flat top TOM guitars. Thanks for the tip,
Rex

GennyFan

Post by GennyFan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:55 pm

rangersvato wrote:Good afternoon from Texas. Wanted to touch base about how cool the past couple days have been.

Short version: I got a dead mint turquoise sparkle Firenza JX for cheap Wednesday night. I'm at a job that limits internet access, so I currently can't access Photobucket to post pics. I'll rectify that this evening, unless someone has a marvelous work-around for prior to that.

Longer version: Hey, wow... I really scored on Dallas Craigslist. I keep an eye on the list, and had never seen a Firenza. What I turned up when Googling this instrument was very interesting, and for $125 (yup), I just couldn't say no.

What really dumbfounds me is the condition. The plastic film was still on the humbucker, and it's still on the back panel. No fret wear that I can find, though there was light oxidation (which I polished out last night).

It's got really good, usable tones! Versatile instrument. Neck is fairly flat and thin, which is a direction I've wanted to go. It needs a setup, which I will tackle over the weekend.

There really does appear to be a solid fanbase for these, and I can see why. This is one unsung little guitar from what I can tell so far. I love this color too. Got it with a gig bag, which is fine with me. I need to weight it, but man, it's pretty light.

Now I want one with P90s.

Anyway, the information in this forum was a key component in making this purchase, and I appreciate you all for it. Now I just have to get these pesky photos posted.
Welcome! I was watching that same guitar. I had even called the owner and det up a meeting for today, Friday, as I couldn't get down to South Dallas any earlier. Snooze ya' lose! lol

Looks like a great color, I've not seen that one before. I'm in North Dallas near Addison, let me know if you ever get tired of that guitar... I'll give you what you paid plus gas money! If you want, I'd even trade you straight up for a white Soapbar Firenza, which originally sold for more. :wink:

Anyway, congratulations, enjoy the guitar, welcome to the forum, and more pics please when get around to it!

rangersvato

Post by rangersvato » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:27 pm

rangersvato

Post by rangersvato » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:31 pm

Hey, thank you. I wasn't altogether thrilled to head into Oak Cliff to do this, but I played it pretty safe, insisting on a public place and all. Nice fella as far as I could tell.

This picture posting business is a drag. Photobucket doesn't like me a bit. Wish this was like Facebook and I could just upload the darned things directly. Still tinkering.

What kind of shape is the one with the soapbars in? Didn't see that one coming, but it's worth a chat. I absolutely love the color on this one, and it sounds so good.

rangersvato

Post by rangersvato » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:06 am

So hm, I posted a response last night... and it's nowhere to be seen. Moderator sleeps in maybe?

I'd be interested in talking trade if the instrument is in really good shape. I'm off until about 3.

Pictures of mine are here.

http://bbthelpc.blogspot.com/2014/09/firenza.html

rangersvato

Post by rangersvato » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:31 pm

I keep posting replies and they don't go up. Have I angered the moderator gods?

e-merlin

Post by e-merlin » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:00 am

Sometimes slow connections cause the problem of your posts not making it.

There is a way to upload files here but I haven't used it.

The easiest way to post pics from Photobucket, in my opinion, is to click on the sharing links on the pic at Photobucket, select the IMG link, and copy and paste it here:

"Tone is in the fingers, chops are in the woodshed." e-merlin

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uplo ... 20x480.png

GennyFan

Post by GennyFan » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:10 pm

Thanks for posting those pics... I'm going to upload them here direct to the forum for posterity's sake.

Love that color! Like I said, if you ever get tired of it or need to flip it, please keep me in the loop!
PVFirenzaBlue1.JPG
PVFirenzaBlue1.JPG (324.28 KiB) Viewed 8451 times
PVFirenzaBlue2.JPG
PVFirenzaBlue2.JPG (269.29 KiB) Viewed 8451 times
PVFirenzaBlue3.JPG
PVFirenzaBlue3.JPG (318.29 KiB) Viewed 8451 times
PVFirenzaBlue4.JPG
PVFirenzaBlue4.JPG (266.58 KiB) Viewed 8451 times
Texas_Rangers8.jpg
Texas_Rangers8.jpg (62.67 KiB) Viewed 8451 times
Not sure how that last one snuck in there... :wink:

studiodtk5

Post by studiodtk5 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:13 pm

That is a beautiful guitar!
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

rangersvato

Post by rangersvato » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:03 am

Thank you everyone.

I considered a trade for the white one very seriously. I even dreamed about it. So yeah, I'll holler if the scale tips the other way. I"m just having too much fun with it. Thank you for posting the pics.