NGD: Peavey Firenza AX - Gold Sparkle - PRISTINE !!

This forum is for talking about all kinds of Peavey electric and acoustic guitars.
Spartacus

NGD: Peavey Firenza AX - Gold Sparkle - PRISTINE !!

Post by Spartacus » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:57 am

Hello Everyone,
I just picked up a NOS Firenza AX in Gold Sparkle. I bought it from the original owner. He bought it NEW. I don't think he played it. It's in TOTALLY MINT / Pristine condition !! I kid you not !!
I went over it with a fine tooth comb & there's not a blemish on it.... NO WHERE !!!

The Peavey hardshell case is also NEW & tremlo arm & case key was included.

Well what do I have here ? Any thoughts or comments ?

Thanks

GennyFan

Re: NGD: Peavey Firenza AX - Gold Sparkle - PRISTINE !!

Post by GennyFan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:26 am

Welcome to the Forum... Pics or it didn't happen! :wink: 8)

Spartacus

Post by Spartacus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Indeed...here's a few pics :mrgreen:

TRexF16

Post by TRexF16 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Wow. Awesome! What did it cost you?
Rex

Spartacus

Post by Spartacus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:30 pm

Replied to Rex via PM :mrgreen:

tomringg

Post by tomringg » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:57 am

Definitely sparkly! :lol: Congrats!

tonepoet

Post by tonepoet » Wed May 01, 2013 2:51 pm

Congrats! It has been one of my "go to" guitars lately. I really like the necks. About the only thing that bugs me is how close the volume knob is to the bridge pickup. It makes palm-picking a bit difficult.

They're good high output HBs, but I found them a bit over the top for my taste. So, I did replace them with some lower output DiMarzios (but kept the originals).

Have fun!
Attachments
PEAVEY-Firenza-AX-front-EM.jpg
PEAVEY-Firenza-AX-front-EM.jpg (258.38 KiB) Viewed 10142 times
Classic 30, Bravo 112, Bandit 112 redline, Vypyr 15, T-27, Patriot, Patriot w/ trem, Patriot Bass, Unity Series Bass, Firenza, Firenza JX, Firenza AX, Predator Plus (Korean), Predator Plus HB (Korean), T-60, Reactor

nickhalen

Post by nickhalen » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:38 pm

Nice! I have its twin for sale on eBay right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1021344548

GennyFan

Post by GennyFan » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:14 am

nickhalen wrote:Nice! I have its twin for sale on eBay right now. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1021344548
I noticed you said you don't have the tremolo arm... From the pic on the ebay listing, the retaining bolt for the arm is still there, but just barely.
PV_Firenza_Trem_Screw.jpg
PV_Firenza_Trem_Screw.jpg (87.89 KiB) Viewed 9516 times
Screw that bolt in a hair to make sure it doesn't fall out and go missing. It's a unique part, a bolt with a ball bearing in one end, and if you lose that, it will be much harder to replace than the tremolo arm. :idea:

Actually, if you could confirm that the retaining bolt is in fact still with the guitar, that would help convince me to bid a little higher! :wink:

I've already been outbid, but if someone here on the forum really wants this guitar, let me know and I'll back off... Send me a PM! 8)

nickhalen

Post by nickhalen » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:45 am

Hey its back for sale. The buyer Capa.John did not exist according to eBay. I don't understand how he was able to bid if he does not exist. Still trying to figure that one out. I just relisted it today.

GennyFan

Post by GennyFan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:24 am

Nick,

I'd like to suggest that you start a new thread, with actual pics of your guitar. I know that it's similar to the guitar in this thread, but actual pics of your guitar would be most welcome.

Good luck! 8)

FirenzaPlease

Post by FirenzaPlease » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:19 pm

I passed on a beautiful Firenza recently and returned a week later to find it sold. I hate myself for doing that cause now I come online
and I see all the frenzy surrounding this make and model and it was complete validation. The moment I picked it up I was struck. Like ok it's not a Fender or PRS, but the balance and feel and comfort of the neck was absurd. The layout of the controls, the aesthetics of the headstock, body, toggle, and chunkiness of the neck. I was in love. I bent a string and new immediately this was different. A different
experience all together. It takes years to be able to recognize what I'm talking about. Now I'm scouring the internet and it's dry as a bone for this make and model. If anyone has advice on how to find one I'd love to hear it and I'm willing to pay $1000 for mint condition Firenzas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jreising326

Post by jreising326 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:22 pm

Your my competition/enemy why should I help you? :) Just kidding. Full disclosure I bought 2 in the last year, the Gold AX you passed on and a Blue JX. Both were cosmetically mint, the AX had the pickups swaped out with Dimarzio N2Z? in the bridge and cheap Epiphone PAF in the next. I got both for under $500 total. You just have to keep your eyes open, you'll find one. The Gold Top AX was my favorite guitar, until I bought an HP2 NOS. Whoa. Now I want to try to direct mount the pickups in my Firenza to see if it begins to match the tone of the HP2. If your willing to spend over $1k on a Firenza, I'd say go check out an HP2, one made in Czech Republic not USA. Same neck, but unfinished Birdseye Maple. I'm not kicking my Firenza's to the curb or remotely considering selling them, but the HP2 kicks ass. The ones in stock at Guitar Center are not the NOS. The NOS uses the same wood from the Wolfgang they could not use until the Patent Expired.