kb100 help low sound

This forum is for talking about Peavey keyboard amplifiers.
born2bfunky

kb100 help low sound

Post by born2bfunky » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:51 am

today i picked up a kb100 for a great price. the problem im having is low volume, all three inputs have the same effect. it looks like a brand new amp still and according to the guy i bought it from he said it played great then he put it in his garage, went out to play it and low volume, all of a sudden. He didn't indicate anything in particular happening to make this happen, no sort of circumstance. I pulled the board to take a look, visually everything appears to be ok, no obvious burnt thingamajigs. The fuse looks good. I have limited electrical knowledge when it comes to amps, i can diagnose a car but i dont know much about resistors, thingamajigs and doohickeys. This my first time being on a forum so I apologize in advance for my idiosyncrasies and improper grammar. I dont have the money to take it to a shop and have it fixed, if anyone is able and willing to assist me in repairing this myself that would be totally super cool.

Enzo

Re: kb100 help low sound

Post by Enzo » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Sorry I did not reply sooner.

Fuses are OK if it works at all.

Two things to do first. One is poke a plug in and out of the PATCH jack on the front a few times. ANy help? Then try plugging a spare cord from PREAMP OUT jack to POWER AMP IN jack. Any help?

And the headphones. Are they also affected, or are they strong? Poke a plug in and out of the phones jack a few times, any help?