KB300 Scorpion Amp issues

This forum is for talking about Peavey keyboard amplifiers.
stealthtech

KB300 Scorpion Amp issues

Post by stealthtech » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Greetings,
I thought I would reach out here before I made any financial moves to try and repair my amp.
I own a Peavy KB300 amp. I've had it since the 80's. On the patch module whenever I plug anything into any of the 3 inputs the audio is low, scratchy and just out of whack. I'm curious if this can be repaired or if I need to replace it. It's in great shape for the age and I took care of it. The module seems to be a hard part to find. I think its just wore out as it is near 30 years old now.

Enzo

Re: KB300 Scorpion Amp issues

Post by Enzo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:38 pm

Module? What module?

Of course it is repairable. The jacks are common enough parts. COuld be a bad jack, could be failed solder, could be just dirty contacts. Electronic problems are simple enough for a competent tech to sort out.

gmaslin

Post by gmaslin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:22 pm

To the OP, I would start by cleaning/clearing the pots with some contact cleaner and rotation. Clean and work all the jacks too. If that doesn't clear up the problems, I'd then pop the amp plate out and look further. I'm sure Enzo can provide you the schematic for your particular version. On that note, I've noted different versions of this Peavey classic combo and wanted a breakdown of the pros and cons for each one. For example, some have a mic input on the front panel and some don't. Some have B&W drivers and some have Scorpions. How about it, which were the best and what makes them better?

Enzo

Post by Enzo » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Customer service at Peavey will supply any schematics you ask for.