Mark VIII as Power Amp - Volume?

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
mellowmike

Mark VIII as Power Amp - Volume?

Post by mellowmike » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:21 pm

I have a Peavey Mark VIII that I like, and am always thinking of different ways to utilize it.

I also have a Line 6 Pod XT Pro that has some great tones - so I plugged it in to the Effects Return of the Peavey. This naturally defeats the Peavey pre amp section, which has all the controls, such as Gain (i.e. Volume). The Pod's preset sounds can have their volume raised or lowered individually, but then you must save.

My issue is this... most of my favorite Pod sounds are already at 9 or 10 on the volume scale. This going through the Peavey gives me an above average bedroom level. But I am worried that it won't be enough to play out live somewhere. As I mentioned, going into the Effects Return, eliminates any way of adjusting the level on the Peavey.

What am I to do in this scenario...? Is the Peavey's power amp section fixed at one volume level...?

I don't think I want to run the Pod rack unit like a stomp pedal between the bass and the Peavey Input. That could prove to be too much conflict in the way of tone. Or do I run the Peavey pre section all flat...?