Proper hook up

This forum is for discussions on all kinds of Peavey bass amplifiers.
Larry_Peavey

Proper hook up

Post by Larry_Peavey » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:34 pm

I recently bought a 'Headliner 410 Bass Cabinet'
On the back, the input connections are, 'one 4-pin twist-lock connector, in parallel with two 1/4" phone jacks.'
Can someone please explain to me the proper way to connect this to my Head? Both features I know nothing about, I am new.
I don't seem to be able to find any literature on it and none was supplied.
It must be given, that whoever purchases this item, must know how to properly connect it.
Certainly, I do not, unfortunately.
Thank you for any help I am provided with. I am much obliged.
:)

studiodtk5

Re: Proper hook up

Post by studiodtk5 » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:30 pm

https://assets.peavey.com/literature/sp ... _10087.pdf

What amp do you have?

The cabinet is 8 ohm. You should be able to patch this directly to the output of your amplifier with now problem. Check the ohmratings. Set them to match and patch in the speaker cabinet.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

Larry_Peavey

Post by Larry_Peavey » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:09 am

Thank you for your response studiodtk5.
The head I have bought is a 'Peavey Max Series MiniMAX v2 600-Watt Mini Bass Amp Head. (600 watts RMS into 4 ohms)'
Below I have enclosed an image of the back hook-up of both.
What confuses me is, on the back of the head, there are two 4-pin twist-lock connectors.
On the back of the Cabinet, there are two 1/4" jacks and one 4-pin twist-lock connector.
Do I connect one 4-pin twist-lock connector from the head to the cabinet, and that makes all four speakers work, or do I connect both 4-pin twist-lock connectors from the head, each going separately into both 1/4" jacks on the cabinet, making two speakers in the cabinet play from one side and the other two speakers play from the other side?
I saw on a youtube video, a guy had only one 4-pin twist-lock connector plugged in on the head, this exact head. I couldn't see the cabinet hook-up. It wasn't my exact cabinet anyways. Which confused me even more. Why did he only have one plugged in and not both when it is supplied with two?
https://peavey.com/minimax-600-watt-min ... p/03617920
https://peavey.com/headliner-410-4x10-b ... p/03008690
I'm sorry to make this so confusing. I am obviously very green.
I do appreciate, however, very much, you taking the time to help me understand, my good sir, truly.
Thank you x10

studiodtk5

Post by studiodtk5 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:12 am

The speaker jacks in the back of the head is called a speakon connector.

As indicated below the jacks the two speakon connector on the amp are paralleled. That means you can use either connector. And it doesn’t matter which one you use first or second if you connect two cabinets.

For a single cabinet you only need to connect to one jack.

On your speaker I can not be certain if the jacks are parallel or connecting to the speakers independently. So the jacks can just allow you to parallel out to connect a second speaker cabinet. Or the connectors could allow you to “bi-amp” the cabinet by connecting to the tweeter and woofer separately.

Hopefully that was clear. Let me know if you have any additional questions.
Darren
ITOC: 08-00190

Peavey stuff I have: Masterpiece 50, Custom Shop 212, Stereo Chorus 212, T-60, T-40, Signature Select, Odyssey II Prototype, Generation Custom EXP, Firenza P90-ACM, VB-2, Stomp Boxes, Radial Pro 1000, lots of mics, etc...

Larry_Peavey

Post by Larry_Peavey » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:49 pm

studiodtk5 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:12 am
The speaker jacks in the back of the head is called a speakon connector.

As indicated below the jacks the two speakon connector on the amp are paralleled. That means you can use either connector. And it doesn’t matter which one you use first or second if you connect two cabinets.

For a single cabinet you only need to connect to one jack.

On your speaker I can not be certain if the jacks are parallel or connecting to the speakers independently. So the jacks can just allow you to parallel out to connect a second speaker cabinet. Or the connectors could allow you to “bi-amp” the cabinet by connecting to the tweeter and woofer separately.

Hopefully that was clear. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you very, very much. The information that you provided was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for your time in explaining things to me. Have a great week. :)